Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampire?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
So I've been thinking about becoming a vampire and I've seen a lot of the passives it has and they seem awesome. But I know as a vampire your suppose to have some penelties too. What are the negative effects of being a vampire? I've been looking and I have seen anything that specifically says it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More fire damage depending on what stage of vampire you are and health regenerates slower.

https://elderscrollsonline.info/guides/vampire

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Im vamp (mostly) because its look nice 'creepy' do only use passive and use Blody Mara :)
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    It does make you more "squishy", but the skills/passives are cool. Bat swarm, mist, speed boost, etc. I just cured mine a few days ago because it made my rosy cheeked nord look like she was found in a ditch after a three day binge. Not very ladylike! Just whatever you do avoid red circles involving fire while in vet dungeons.
  • Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    It does make you more "squishy", but the skills/passives are cool. Bat swarm, mist, speed boost, etc. I just cured mine a few days ago because it made my rosy cheeked nord look like she was found in a ditch after a three day binge. Not very ladylike! Just whatever you do avoid red circles involving fire while in vet dungeons.

I disagree that vampire makes you more squishy. Drain essence gives you a very very strong self heal, mist form gives you huge damage avoidance, bat swarm does some healing too, and undeath significantly reduces damage received when you're on low hp.

Vampire can make you very tanky. That said if you're running a very low hp build in a high fire damage environment, you will be squishy. But if you're running a high HP build, undeath and drain essence alone more than make up for the increased fire damage, even in fire-heavy fights.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not too bad so long as you avoid fire more than usual, I am by no means a good player but have had deathless runs on vCoA2 in stage 4 without fire resist runes. Dodge rolling just becomes very important lol
  • Fuzzywuzzy196
    Fuzzywuzzy196
    ✭✭✭
    You have to ask what the penalties of becoming an abomination are? Terrible creatures.

Blade would not approve.
    Fuzzywuzzy was a bear, Fuzzywuzzy had no hair. Now, Fuzzywuzzy... wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

-Plato