The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Current best CP farming spot?

SupaSane
SupaSane
✭✭✭
As the champion points increase, just wanted to know what you guys think the best spot is to farm points.
SupaSane - PC / NA
Canthion - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade [DC]
Saviör - Orc Stamina Dragonknight [DC]
So-No-Head - Argonian Magicka Templar [DC]
Lord Savioro - Nord Stamina Necromancer [DC]

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any fast spawning monster location.

Just Google "ESO Farming location" and basically any from the last years which haven't been nerfed now work fine because everything is scaled.

Best was more of a term when zones were level locked.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft in Wrothgar is good. Skyreach Catacombs in Craglorn is good. Most public dungeons work well with large groups of quick re-spawning mobs.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Any fast spawning monster location.

Just Google "ESO Farming location" and basically any from the last years which haven't been nerfed now work fine because everything is scaled.

Best was more of a term when zones were level locked.

^Yep
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best place for farming is probably a farm. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

I should really start stand-up comedian career.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA and Skyreach
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Like said Skyreach catacombs is the place to farm.

What you need to do is to have a group of two people. Would prefer that the one doing all the killing has destro ultimate.

I was running around with my friend and he got 2,5 levels per run. One run takes about 10mins. We always did the central
    chest "event".

I got 2 cp with I think 4 runs we did. I was using 100% boost from the event, he was using training gear, 100% boost from event and a 150% potion.

No better place atm.
    Edited by shack80 on March 24, 2017 10:50AM
  • eXnihilO
    eXnihilO
    ✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    vMA and Skyreach

This is the first time I've heard vMA mentioned as a good place to gain CP. Can you explain?
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eXnihilO wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »
    vMA and Skyreach

This is the first time I've heard vMA mentioned as a good place to gain CP. Can you explain?

Sure, vMA is actually really good experience gain. The main catch is that you have to be able to complete it in a reasonable amount of time, around an hour or maybe and hour and a half. While farming for my vMA weapon of choice, I've gotten dozens of CP and each run takes me less than an hour. If you're a mid-range CP, say like 200-400, you get pretty good CP progress from just one run (like maybe around 1/2 a point? Idk exactly but it'll be better for you than it was for me, because I was higher CP when I started doing it, most likely).

And you don't have to be a high CP character to do vMA. I've seen 200s getting their Flawless title, it just takes the up-front commitment and time investment to make to it happen. I think most will agree that after the first couple of runs, you know it well enough to do it in 1 - 1 1/2 hours. To me, it's worthwhile, because you're getting good exp from killing mobs and turning in the quest (be sure to do the quest), while at the same time refining your skill as a player, and a chance at weapons.

Edit: I totally forgot to mention enlightenment and exp boosters. I don't have the exact metrics for you, so sorry in advance for that, but I recall getting most of a point in a single run with boosters and enlightenment. Obviously the enlightenment wears out pretty quick, but imho even half a point for an hour's time is not that bad. Sure, you can do better from a strictly-CP perspective, but Skyreach isn't exactly making you a better player or getting you worthwhile gear, at least not most of the time.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2017 9:31PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought of another, too, that most people don't realize for some time after they start playing. Take a look at your achievements for dungeons. Achievements with "slayer" in the name, (e.g. Veteran Colossus Slayer) give a respectable chunk of experience upon completion. Note that this pertains specifically to the dungeon slayer achievements though. I'm not sure if slaying daedra for the title awards experience or not, for example.

Most of these require more than one visit. If I recall correctly, there are two slayer achievements per dungeon. One is quicker and easier to obtain, and thus nets you a smaller amount of experience. The other takes probably a dozen runs of that dungeon, but nets a hefty payoff and is well worth it imo (I recall back when I was around 300 CP, I was getting a full point from these at times). There's another benefit to this too, as I'm pretty sure these give you Undaunted experience toward the skill line (if you're still chasing after that Undaunted Mettle passive).

Bottom line: these are good ways to get experience towards your CP without running around Skyreach for hours on end. They are less efficient if you only care about CP. If you want to progress in more ways than one, then these are decent recommendations.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2017 9:28PM