Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hi I have 3 questions about Ancestor Silk, Perfect Roe and Psijic Ambrosia

Admico
Admico
✭✭
1) How comes Ancestor Silk is selling for a ridiculous amount recently?
2) How much can Perfect Roe be sold/bought for?
3) How much is Psijic Ambrosia being sold for as I have seen it really cheaply and I am wondering why it is being sold so cheaply if the recipe and ingredients are so expensive and time consuming
WooliestGecko
Champion 430 Nightblade DPS
WardWizardWanderers Guildmaster

Best Answer

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Possible reasons:

1) You go through twice as much Ancestor Silk as you do Rubedo Hide if you are doing max level writs due to 2 out of 3 writs in the rotation being light armour. Presumably there are also more people doing daily writs to try and get master writs.

2) Depends what platform you are on, I see it in area text chat for between 8k and 12k (PS4 NA). I catch my own fish.

3) It had been stable at about 4.5k (PS4 NA) but I have seen it drop in the last few days with people in area chat yesterday selling it for 3.5k. I would assume that most people who sell it don't buy all of the ingredients. If you can buy roe for 8-10k and sell psijic for 4k each, there is still 6-8k profit per roe.

Not sure how different other platforms are on the perfect roe/psijic front.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Answer ✓
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect roe on PC/EU 10k for a fast sell (for me at least). Psjic ambrosia seems to cost between 2.5-3 k on PC/EU, so I guess it's only profitable if you catch your own roe.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    I find ancestor silk everywhere and have about 1200 in my crafting bag. The magsorc meta increases light armor demand, so there is that, but silk is way easier to accumulate than ore/rubedo imo.

On XB NA psijics I would say 3,000g each. I sold mine in 10 packs for 25,000g, so buying in bulk dropped it down to 2500. It sold like hotcakes that way. I got the master angler achievement and got about 40 perfect roe from that, so I had psijics coming out of my ears. Selling them fast and cheap was still extremely profitable and I wanted to move my inventory asap.