Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why can't we mass craft potions or food?

DannyLV702
DannyLV702
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Crafting 5k potions in one go is not the most fun thing in the world, and with limited play time, it hurts even more. Zos pleeeeeeees make this small, but extremely important change? I know I'm not the only one who would like this. Especially at the rate my potions sell in guild traders, it'd be soooo much more efficient :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC we have addons for this.

However I have always been surprised we don't have a quantity value in the stock crafting window. It makes no sense this was excluded.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    On PC we have addons for this.

However I have always been surprised we don't have a quantity value in the stock crafting window. It makes no sense this was excluded.

Ah, this makes perfect sense as to why we don't have this as an option. The console community here isn't big enough to make such request, and if one did, aka me, there isn't going to be enough support behind it. Oh well, there go my hopes and dreams :(
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well based on the Interview with the head of the Console UI back near console release, I doubt he plays the game.

Its one thing to have a minimalist UI with an accessible API on a platform that allows UI Addons. That is good design as most people like a minimalist UI, or to custom tailor the information they do see. Sure some end up with so much on the screen I don't understand how they see what is going on, but that is more the 1% who eek out the Nth degree of damage for trials and top end PvP.

On the Console, it's just lazy to not offer things like this.

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love this option!! I seriously doubt we'll ever see anything that saves time from ZOS simply because they profit from slowing players down. Their revenue is linked to time sinks.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their revenue is linked to time sinks.

Not any more. Its buy to play, so the whole keeping them logged in as long as possible thing does not support that. Crown Store is their main source of revenue, and nothing about making crafting harder increases crown store purchases.

Besides, it does not make sense in the long run as something that is irritating is more than likely going to drive people away than to bring them in to make purchases in the Crown Store. It would be like a shopping mall that puts the parking lot on the other side of a busy highway with no cross walks. Less people are going to visit, less people are going to purchase.

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got so tired of it I bought a 3rd party Hori controller from Amazon. I was cheap so I got the $20 one for side scroll fighting games. It doesn't have a second stick (but you can flip a switch to change the pad between R and L sticks). So I don't play with it, I queue my toon at the craft station and then Switch over to it.

Anyway, it has a turbo feature for any button. Click once, turbo while holding button. Click again, permanent turbo for that button until you deactivate.

I tested it refining my stupid 20k stacks of raw ore, making potions and crafting a couple thousand foods. Setting it then just watching it while I did RL chores was so much better than the horrid mashing.

It's not as good as if they gave a better in-game UI, but it at least gets rid of the worst offenders.