The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Primate Artorius Battle Keeps Freezing!

DemiDusk
DemiDusk
Soul Shriven
Whenever he slams down the game freezes and i have to quit out and close the game. Ive tried turning all sound off and turning the volume down and turning everything off and fighting but the game keeps freezing..
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is the final dark brotherhood battle then err yes... it's supposed to freeze, he locks time to isolate you from your allies, it's just a mechanic, you may notice that the hourglass shatters temporarily when he does this. He can't affect you the same way because you're more powerful than they are.

You won't be able to log out normally because at that point your in a fight and the log out menu is dissabled. Just kill him :)

One tip though is that you need to play this fight as a long game, the mechanics simply won't allow you to burn him down, just maintain the resources and wear him down.
  • Awolf96x
    Awolf96x
    ✭✭
    Same problem not because of the freeze ability unless it is supposed to last forever and never be escapable. Would be nice if they would fix their bad performance on the game.
  • Lord_Renz
    Lord_Renz
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here, game completely freezes, no access to menus, buttonson controller etc and just stays like it, so I too would like to know how it is possible to kill him if game is like this??
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the final dark brotherhood battle then err yes... it's supposed to freeze, he locks time to isolate you from your allies, it's just a mechanic, you may notice that the hourglass shatters temporarily when he does this. He can't affect you the same way because you're more powerful than they are.

You won't be able to log out normally because at that point your in a fight and the log out menu is dissabled. Just kill him :)

One tip though is that you need to play this fight as a long game, the mechanics simply won't allow you to burn him down, just maintain the resources and wear him down.

This is actually a known bug that a lot of my friends have been running into. The entire game freezes when he uses this mechanic. Not in-game time. The entire game. Whatever note the audio is playing turns into a continuous screech and all buttons become non-responsive. They are forced to force-restart the game, and sometimes their console.

In general, try to assume that the people posting in support forums know the difference between an irritating mechanic and their Xbox freezing. People make dumb mistakes and assumptions, but generally speaking, that isn't one of them.
  • kaldrihjarta
    kaldrihjarta
    ✭✭
    Same problem, this is infuriating. Have to quit to PS homescreen, just plays the music forever.
    (EDIT: Whoops, came here from Google and didn't look what forum I was in. I'm on PS4, sorry. At least you know it's a thing on both consoles?)
    Edited by kaldrihjarta on April 11, 2017 2:43AM
  • Tokencreature
    Same problem, whole game freezes after he freezes time, then attacks you directly. It happens during one of his AEO spells. But it doesn't happen on the same one every time.
  • bentlemp
    bentlemp
    Soul Shriven
    I also had problems with this. Researched solutions. Nothing seems to work. I'm giving up on the story line until I read there's a fix. Really disappointing actually as I was enjoying it and really spent some time on it. Almost made me give up ESO completely... almost.