The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long does all research take

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
Title said it all how long does research on all 3 crafts take in total with passives if i research each one as soon possible
Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º

Best Answer

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title said it all how long does research on all 3 crafts take in total with passives if i research each one as soon possible

Around eight months, give or take.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 traits without passives is 30 days alone, so 9 x all armour and weapons = a long as time
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kin-ages get started early and spend the rest of time farming your own potent and fortified.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 traits without passives is 30 days alone, so 9 x all armour and weapons = a long as time

8 and 9 traits with passives are 30 days. Without passives they're 32 and 64 respectively.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8 and 9 traits with passives are 30 days. Without passives they're 32 and 64 respectively.

Ahh, my mistake
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too long.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh, my mistake

No worries. It's not like most people ever even see those research times. The only reason I ever saw the original 32 day timer was because I started researching my 8th trait on something (I forget what) before upper Craglorn dropped. (Or I was eligible to research something back then, I don't remember.)
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With ESO+, and all passives maxed, took me 1 year and 1 month. Started May 2014, finished last 9th trait June 2015.
    There was a forum thread at the time on who would hit 9/9 first. Wasn't me....lmao!!
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to this page: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Traits

Researching all traits for a single item will take between 70 days 45 minutes and 127 days 18 hours, depending on the number of points invested in the appropriate skill and if you have ESO Plus. There are 6 different woodworking item types that can be researched, and 14 different clothing and blacksmithing item types that can be researched. This means that it will take an absolute minimum of 140 days 1 hour and 30 minutes (about four and a half months) to research all woodworking traits, and a minimum of 326 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes (about eleven months) to research all clothing and blacksmithing traits.

But I'm not sure if that's factoring in the skills which can reduce research times.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    363 days and 3 hours without ESO+, 10% less with ESO+.

That's assuming you have full passives at the start so can research 3 items at once with max research time reduction, start new research as each finishes without any idle time and research in the most efficient way (the most efficient time may actually be slightly longer, only by a matter of hours, as I just used the total research time divided by 3 research slots)

As most people are going to start off only able to research 1 item at a time with no research time reductions, will only gradually unlock the passives and will have idle time when research finishes in the middle of the night etc. I'd say anyone that gets it done in under 15 months has done a really good job.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was like 60 days without the passives cause I had 0 in woodworking at when I started my last one it was like 58 days with just ESO plus, also for 9 trait with Eso plus + passives its 26 days about.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on March 19, 2017 5:12PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know when I started playing the game was just under a year old and people on the forum were starting to claim that "someone in my guild", "my brother's friend" etc. had finished researching all traits or was on the last one and other people were saying it was impossible.

That made me wonder if I wanted to start crafting. It seemed like a huge undertaking, even compared to older games like UO where some people wouldn't do anything except craft.

But actually it's not that bad. It's taking me a long time to get all the traits researched because I haven't bothered with the skills that reduce it and I don't have ESO Plus, and I seem to go through phases where I have nothing new to research and then I get a backlog to work through, then back to nothing. But I don't actually need all the traits so it's ok.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake of holding off on the 9th trait for a long time. Just finished my last items last week and I've been in since Beta. I could have had TBS back when it was a top thing, before dropped sets were BiS.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    few months
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A stupidly long time. And that is if you manage to get items with the traits you need to research......
    Edited by Hallothiel on March 19, 2017 8:44PM