The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Caused an Overdraft

darklordvyperx_ESO
My ESO subscriptions expire on the 16th of every month. This month, it came out two days early, on the 14th, which caused a $32 overdraft charge on my bank account. Next month, it's going to come out on the 13th, which is 3 days before it expires. I had to cancel my ESO subscription auto renewal because I don't get paid until the 15th and 30th of every month. I would like an explanation as to why the payment is being taken before my subscription is even expired. Basically ESO this month cost me almost $50 because they took it out two days before my subscription even expired. I am furious at ESO right now.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ESO subscriptions expire on the 16th of every month. This month, it came out two days early, on the 14th, which caused a $32 overdraft charge on my bank account. Next month, it's going to come out on the 13th, which is 3 days before it expires. I had to cancel my ESO subscription auto renewal because I don't get paid until the 15th and 30th of every month. I would like an explanation as to why the payment is being taken before my subscription is even expired. Basically ESO this month cost me almost $50 because they took it out two days before my subscription even expired. I am furious at ESO right now.

They payment comes out based on a real time 30 day period, and as not all months have exactly 30 days in them, that date will change due to this. ESO does not bill on a set date, it bills on the 30 day period. It's not like your mortgage that is due on a set date every month.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I looked at mine. I get an email approximately 10 days in advance reminding me of the upcoming withdraw. Then I get a confirmation email on my renewal date. Both of these emails come from Microsoft. When I look at the processed payment on my bank statement it also says Microsoft. It sounds like you need to be furious at Microsoft not ESO as Microsoft is processing all the payments .....

Since you canceled, now just renew on the 20th or so, this will move you payment after the 15th of the month. If it is a couple days early, it will still be after the 15th. You do know most banks offer overdraft protection?
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    I looked at mine. I get an email approximately 10 days in advance reminding me of the upcoming withdraw. Then I get a confirmation email on my renewal date. Both of these emails come from Microsoft. When I look at the processed payment on my bank statement it also says Microsoft. It sounds like you need to be furious at Microsoft not ESO as Microsoft is processing all the payments .....

Since you canceled, now just renew on the 20th or so, this will move you payment after the 15th of the month. If it is a couple days early, it will still be after the 15th. You do know most banks offer overdraft protection?

Even though I never need it, I set up overdraft protection years ago. It seems most banks do it. If yours doesn't, it may be time to switch. But this has another problem of your sub lapsing or getting a temporary ban for not paying. Surely there is a way you can spend a little less on other things to make sure the money is there or perhaps use an alternate method to pay.
    Edited by CapnPhoton on March 19, 2017 3:20PM
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • darklordvyperx_ESO
    I'm just going to manually renew every month so this doesn't happen again. My bank is in the process of reversing the overdraft. I also did not recieve an email from anyone about the renewal. I should have, but didn't.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to manually renew every month so this doesn't happen again. My bank is in the process of reversing the overdraft. I also did not recieve an email from anyone about the renewal. I should have, but didn't.

perhaps look into a small credit card
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't receive emails then your preferences are set not to receive. These are setting in your Microsoft account, not the ESO account. May also want to verify the correct email address. Most Microsoft accounts default to outlook.com, I believe you need to change the email address for notifications .....
  • darklordvyperx_ESO
    My email address is correct. I got a notification the first and second time they took the payment for ESo Plus, but this month, they just screwed it up. Every other MMO I have EVER played was always taken on the day of the expiration. Taking it out two to three days early is just nonsense. Why take the payment when the expiration is 2-3 days after you take the payment? I'm not ok with that, hence why I'm going to renew manually from now on.
  • geldart.mj
    geldart.mj
    Soul Shriven
    liberal ^
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overdraft protection will still cause a charge for more than $5 at most banks. You may want to avoid any automatic withdrawals if you are keeping a low balance in your account, even if that means no ESO plus. I am not 100% but I believe that the subscription prepaid cards still work if you can hunt them down at a retailer.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geldart.mj wrote: »
    liberal ^

With words?

OP if you live close to your overdraft then it's wise to engineer your debits to happen as soon as you get paid. The rule I follow is that if a company won't let me choose the debit date then I opt to pay manually, simple as that.
    PC | EU
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    I have the payment come out of my account to on 30 of each month but get crowns on 15 16 days after payment made why is that I could double that money in that time lol
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My email address is correct. I got a notification the first and second time they took the payment for ESo Plus, but this month, they just screwed it up. Every other MMO I have EVER played was always taken on the day of the expiration. Taking it out two to three days early is just nonsense. Why take the payment when the expiration is 2-3 days after you take the payment? I'm not ok with that, hence why I'm going to renew manually from now on.

I think someone mentioned it earlier but maybe to better clarify.

Your subscription isn't with ZOS, it's with Xbox therefore it's unwise to expect an MMO subscription experience and instead refer to Xbox's subscription and billing FAQs.

The website allows real time management and adjustments and soon this will appear on the console in April if not now. ZOS wouldn't be the source of any confusion or where to express any feedback as they aren't who you're dealing with.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501