Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skyshards not showing up

Fleshreaper
Fleshreaper
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone why skyshards would not be visible to me? I know I am at the right spot and I have not collected it. It's just not there.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of this happening. Is it that you see the skyshard crystals, but aren't seeing the light from it or can't click on it? Or are you just not even seeing the crystals at all, either. If so, then you aren't in the right spot.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have checked several toons, so this is an account problem. I know where the skyshard is and I don't see the shard at all. No, light, no crystal. I was in the public delve in Davin's Watch. I watched 4 other players get the shard, so I know it's there but I can't see it or click on it. Attached is a screen shot.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on March 19, 2017 3:22PM
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are showing up again, Thanks.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a problem that people have seen since release, I've had it several times, as far as I can recall a game restart cleared it each time. If it's now working again for you then something happened on your PC, ZOS didn't do anything on the server, I can assure you.

The other possible cause I can think of is an intermittent internet problem where information is lost (possibly dropped UDP packets).

You'll see it from time to time when trying to harvest a resource node; it'll vanish the moment you see it.

Long ago this was blamed on bots or phasing but this particular effect was neither as the node vanished the instant you hit it, not before, not after, and clearly this was due to the PC client asking the server for an RNG roll and the server apparently replying the node wasn't there.

I now believe it's an internet communication problem (possibly lost UDP packets) which means the PC client didn't find out the node had already been harvested till your client tried.

I guess it could be that missing Skyshards are due to the same sort of problem.
    Edited by KerinKor on March 19, 2017 4:43PM
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never seen this issue before but I'm glad it resolved itself. Sometimes just refreshing the zone can cure issues with objects or NPC's not spawning.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's crazy. Glad it's working for you again now.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't say for sure what the fix was, as this was happening over the span of several days and multiple characters. So, it wasn't just a zone out and back in, fix. I did try the reloadui and that didn't work. And like I said it happened over several days, I close my client when I log out and was still having the issue. I even loaded the skyshard addon and restarted my client and still could not see the skyshards.

I have been having a lot of disconnect errors and have had to repair my client multiple times. Not sure what is corrupting my client files as I have anti-virus turned off for the client folder. I am pretty sure I did do a repair for a disconnect error after this had happened. Maybe the client files being corrupted had something to do with it.

It would be nice to get the patches as an exe option, so we can just reinstall instead of having to spend hours re-downloading the patch through the launcher.