The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

COH/ Ebon chest Reinforced! Cant seem to find it.... Just like Ebon Shields back In the day...

HouLiGaN
HouLiGaN
✭✭✭
Hey Guys,
Wanted to ask If anyone knows or has proof of an ebon chest In reinforced dropping from COH after Homestead update.
Me and some mates of mine, have been farming COH normal like mad for past 2 days, and we cant seem to get this specific piece.
Just like Ebon Shields didn't drop back In Mol for a specific time... did it get accidently removed from loot table????
I sent a ticket and got an automatic answer back. Which I totally agree on its based on RNG.

So has anyone In homestead got an Ebon Chest Reinforced yet???
Because I Kinda need new glasses from looking at loot these past 2 days.

Edited by HouLiGaN on March 17, 2017 5:40PM
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    You want infused anyway. Look at all the favors I just did you.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trihugger wrote: »

That is a biased opinion. Divines would be better than infused, but only if CP are correct.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trihugger wrote: »

That is a biased opinion. Divines would be better than infused, but only if CP are correct.

Depends on how you're building your tank.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the ebon chest reinforced from COH before the homestead update.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do the Ebon Shields drop now?
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Reinforced Ebon chest from CoH1 after Homestead launched.

Infused is better imo due to the stats. I love having high stats on tanks.
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    Tooo Alll of you saying Infused is Better Just 1 question...
    Where would u put Reinforced? If you was to put it anywhere??
    And do you?
    also Yes It does depend on Your Play Style. But If you have 1 Reinforced It has to be the chest....

Tylos001 wrote: »
    Do the Ebon Shields drop now?

Yes they do, But just dont, use em. 1 too many reasons atm
    Edited by HouLiGaN on March 20, 2017 8:00PM
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    HouLiGaN wrote: »
    And do you?
    also Yes It does depend on Your Play Style. But If you have 1 Reinforced It has to be the chest....
    If you use reinforced on only 1 piece, use it on your shield. This is because of the "Shield Expert" passive in the Lady Champion tree:
    Shield Expert
    (Unlocks at The Lady Rank 30) Increases the Armor of equipped Shields by 75%.
    Since this stacks with reinforced, you'll get more out of reinforced here.

For a chest the base (gold) armor is 2272. With reinforced (+16%) it increases to 3136. An increase of 364
    For a shield the base armor is 1720, with reinforced, its 1995 (+275).
    When factoring in the shield expert passive those numbers change to: 3010 and 3491. An increase of 481

The question is: would you rather have an extra 364 in resistances or an extra 173 stamina (+20% from infused) [+87/87/95 for the prismatic]?
    As you can see, both are pretty inconsequential. Either way, the answer would depend on your build/playstyle... If you are running 5-1-1 for the extra resources then you might want to go reinforced to make up for going light/medium on some pieces. I usually shoot for 31K resistances and dump everything else into resources.

The easiest way to increase resistances is insisting on a defending sword/mace/dagger. This will add 2580 resistance; that's 3 times more than the increase you'd get from reinforced chest and shield combined.
    Edited by pizzaow on March 20, 2017 10:33PM
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I got a Reinforced Ebon chest from CoH1 after Homestead launched.

Anyway......... I would ask to lock this topic. Because clearly people coming here just want a extra post number...
    pizzaow wrote: »
    HouLiGaN wrote: »
    And do you?
    If you use reinforced on only 1 piece, use it on your shield. This is because of the "Shield Expert" passive in the Lady Champion tree:
    Shield Expert
    (Unlocks at The Lady Rank 30) Increases the Armor of equipped Shields by 75%.
    Since this stacks with reinforced, you'll get more out of reinforced here.

For a chest the base (gold) armor is 2272. With reinforced (+16%) it increases to 3136. An increase of 364
    For a shield the base armor is 1720, with reinforced, its 1995 (+275).
    When factoring in the shield expert passive those numbers change to: 3010 and 3491. An increase of 481

The question is: would you rather have an extra 364 in resistances or an extra 173 stamina (+20% from infused) [+87/87/95 for the prismatic]?
    As you can see, both are pretty inconsequential. Either way, the answer would depend on your build/playstyle... If you are running 5-1-1 for the extra resources then you might want to go reinforced to make up for going light/medium on some pieces. I usually shoot for 31K resistances and dump everything else into resources.

The easiest way to increase resistances is insisting on a defending sword/mace/dagger. This will add 2580 resistance; that's 3 times more than the increase you'd get from reinforced chest and shield combined.

Nirn Is BIS for Shield. If u wanna take every stat into account.

Still farming for that ebon chest in reinforced.

P.S I already have Infused one In Gold. Im trying to Push Physical resistence. For endgame PvE, Like hardmode stuff. That I have already completed. No I dont go 5-1-1, 5-2 Or 6-1.

Why 5-2 ?? Because medium armour passive"Wind Walker" That Reduces stamina cost of abilities by 3% for each medium armour.
    Why 6-1 ? Because of taking advantage of other stats. Take Your 5-1-1 And change that light piece to heavy or Medium.
    And run Mondus that gives u mag recovery. And thank me later
    But YES Im trying to push some stats by another 364 as you said. and loose that 173 Stam/health on the chest.

Owwww what? You Already knew ?? Its not your play style?? Getting annoyed?
    Well kinda what heppends when you drift offtopic to get an extra post in somewhere trying to seem like a smart ass.

Just saying was only asking if anyone had seen the specific item drop. because still cant find it.

EDIT: I got It finnaly after so many days :D !
    Edited by HouLiGaN on March 21, 2017 3:43PM
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    It's super rare and I usually ask my teammates to trade if they have it
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one the other day.... Finally.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few, believe it or not the rng knows what you need and won't drop it, I swear.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I've got a few, believe it or not the rng knows what you need and won't drop it, I swear.

It took me 20 runs to get all my sturdy small and Infused pieces(excluding shoulders) But I gotmist of my pieces from group members. :P
  • Savage_Audacity
    Savage_Audacity
    ✭✭✭
    yes it drops took me about 6 hours farming to get, but last night i ran it for undaunted pledge and got two reinforced ebon chests in the same run. no joke.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got it last wednesday.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons