Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crown store hair, tattoos and other character customization..

JUSTIN_giver
JUSTIN_giver
Soul Shriven
I have only just started playing the game and have found myself in the crown store making purchases. Great game so far, however, I wanted to know from the community if those things I purchase, be it a beard or some tattoos etc.. can they be then applied to my current character even though it has been created or do I have to create a new character and give that new character the traits of that purchase?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be applied to any or all of your characters via the collections screen which is accessed by pressing U by default. Do not some adornments have racial limitations which are noted.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the cosmetic packs have a fantastic value, all options are available on the different races - with the same caveat as mentioned by Jason, some limitations for khajiit- and argonian-only options.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • JUSTIN_giver
    JUSTIN_giver
    Soul Shriven
    thanx to both of you. I appreciate the info.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only can you apply them to existing characters, you can switch between them whenever you want. If you buy an individual hairstyle/adornment you can switch between that and the one you chose when you created the character. If you buy one of the packs you can switch between all the ones it unlocks.

I once made the "mistake" of buying the pack which unlocks all the default hair styles on the Test Server. It's not the kind of thing I normally get, in most games I make my character and then I'm happy to keep them looking that way forever, but I thought since you don't actually pay for crown store items on the test server I may as well. I forget which update it was but I spent a lot of time testing it and got used to switching hairstyles. I found I missed that option when I went back to the Live server so I ended up buying the pack.

Many of my characters have long hair and they tend to tie it up for a dungeon or delve, have it loose (or whatever their default is) when they're out in the open world and then go for a fancier style if they're going to be in town for a while.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"