Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Question about Glyphs

Orm_embar
Orm_embar
I created some glyphs on my one character and they're different values for my other character. The original value is 839 but then it's 732 for my other character. Is that normal and I just never noticed this before? They're just sitting in my bank and each character sees them differently. Thanks
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you tried to put one on gear that was Infused trait (increases enchant strength) vs the other being something else (divine, well fitted, impen. Etc) .
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Boosted by Ele expert cp. And mighty too.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    I haven't removed them from the bank so it isn't about the gear they're going into. The one character just sees all the glyphs as lower quality than my other character does. Is it because my second character is now a higher level than the one who made them? 46 vs 44. That's the only reason I can think of. Do they vary by level?

Not entirely sure what ele expert cp means.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glyphs do scale withing a range, so that could be the reason.

Also, the game is buffing you and your gear while leveling, this is most apparent between L1 and L50, but continues to CP160. So, in that case as characters over level equipment, they can see different stat values.

Good news is, while leveling to CP160, you don't really need to worry too much about optimal gear, just have some. The game is buffing you so it all evens out. And, because of the Buffs, if you pay too close attention to the small differences in gear values, you will just drive yourself nuts. Just equip your characters with something, keep one class skill on your bar at all times, wear different weights of armors so they all level, and it will all work out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    Ah okay that makes sense thank you! I'm not too worried about the difference I just couldn't figure out why it was happening since I didn't see a drop until now