Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafted Set Pricing Question

italia366
italia366
Quick question for you guys about crafted set pricing. Im nearing max level and am drawing up my gear sets for when i hit end-game. i want to start with a couple of cheaper crafted sets until i eventually get better dropped sets

Assuming non-rare motifs, how much would the following cost me:
5 piece Magnus - 4 body pieces, all magicka enchanted and with divines, 1 sword with Weapon+Spell dmg glyph and sharpened
5 pieces of Twilight's Embrace - 3 body pieces, all magicka enchanted with divines, 1 sword with Weapon+Spell dmg glyph and sharpened, 1 staff with absorb magicka enchantment and precise
All pieces would be blue quality
  • italia366
    italia366
    How many of mats like ancesteral silk etc would i need?. Would want to buy CP 160 gear
    Also, Forget the enchantments, i would get those separately. just really wanna know the gear pricing
    Edited by italia366 on March 16, 2017 7:04PM
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Join a good guild and someone would probably do it for free if you provide the mats.

For CP160 gear each piece is 100-and-something mats, just go to a crafting station and select CP160 if you want to check exact numbers (I think it shows quantities even if you can't craft it yourself)

If you pay someone to craft for you I've been told the going rate is 2k per piece up to 5k per piece for 9 trait sets but it can vary widely.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also have to factor in gear quality. Up to blue upgrades will generally be added at no extra charge, purple can add up quickly, and gold, well...

10k + mats for a set of blue 5 pc + 2 weapons seems about right, or get it guilded for mats + tip.

(Consider how much time it takes and travel involved depending on the complexity of your request)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3k per piece for end game up to blue upgrade. If their mats. More for more rare styles if they don't have style mats. This is my standard price for randoms. Guildies no charge with their mats.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I charge 3k/item for CP 160 plus their mats. For a 5 piece armor set excluding helm and shoulders it's 680 mats.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normally, if you have mats, i dont charge for crafting. I enjoy helping folks out. Especially guildies.

if i were looking for a basis to set price on it would be more like 500g per minute of my time. Thats something close to what i earn doing writs - so it seems apropos. of course i would just base it on that, not actually do a minute by minute track and bill.

Most likely any set would run maybe 6mins or so. So 3k per set makes my best rough guess - mats provided by the buyer.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For cp160 gear;

150 - chest
    140 - legs
    130 - each - hands, belt, shoulder, boots, helm

That's ingots, or hides, or bolts or whatever the medium and light pieces of mats are supposed to be.