Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player

Queo
Queo
✭✭✭
Hello! I played a couple of months as the game first came out, and now im coming back. Im also bring my wife along on a ride, and she plays on a Mac and im on PC So i got some questions for the community, if you dont mind.

1) What are the top 5 must need add on, for some one with little experience with the game. My wife does not play these types of games so anything that can really help her run smoother would be great.

2) Recommendations for a good duo combo? I was planning on being an Argonian healer type or tank, she was eyeballing a Brenton werewolf (i have no idea why i assumed she want to be a Kahjiit).

3) Crown store. Any must haves, i have over looked? I plan on taking it slow with her, let her really absorb ESO and all it lore. We'll see how it goes... I will be re-subbing for the crafting bag, I'm pretty sure she will too. I believe i still have the rings of Mara, to "wed" another char for EXP bonuses, unless they have gone away, didnt notice them in the CS...
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Queo I play on console so I have no idea the naming of add ons. As for good duo, you can be a healer in heavy armor or light with a restoration staff and sword and shield and still be tanky. For her it would be best to have a high damage build, this way you can keep both you and her alive and tank any hard bosses,while she kills them. If you go the tank route you'll need a taunt (puncture or inner fire in the undaunted tree). If you were going with a healer type or tank the best class would be Templar, DK second, for her anything goes really. For races just look up which does what and if that suits your playstyle/role/what you want. You don't seem hardcore but looking to have a good time with the wife so yeah that's about it! Crown store is just an extra side product for you to buy 'additional things' that you really don't need to enjoy the game. Cool costumes though, love em'.

Edit: If you ever plan on playing PVP I suggest going to Azuras Star, the non-cp campaign. Most balanced campaign for all levels until you reach a high cp(around 400+ but I personally wouldn't go in without being capped, it's rough!)
    Edited by FlyLionel on March 16, 2017 6:32PM
    The Flyers
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown store is all cosmetic or time savers, but nothing essential. The rings come from the pledge of Mara, which can be found separately on the crown store.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    @FlyLionel

I was kinda thinking about what you said here, my wife for what ever reason, wants to be a werewolf (we play a lot of D&D her go to cat people and burn with fire, hence my bafflement, but that's off topic), and I was looking at some of the wolfies skills. I'm leaning towards an Argonian Werewolf Templar. Built slightly more on the tanky side. I think the i could go with either roar or howl skills and be pretty effective.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 5 addons would be, imo,

1) minimap
    2) srendarr aura buff tracker
    3) any ui that allows for your type of game play; clean or info clutter.
    4) price checker
    5) awesome guild store

Honestly, try everything. If it's not to your liking, delete it. There is really no harm done. I've gotten harvens dwemer clock even. It does nothing else but tells the time but I like to have it on my screen. As you play the game, you will find that there are certain things that you miss from playing other games.

And one that does inventory management, informs you of your research times, crafting... All these are really useful. Just don't make them a clutch to play because there will come a time when either the makers or the game itself will not be continuing the addon... Then it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I personally don't play with the minimal, I find it really distracting. I prefer clean ui rather than having info all over the place. Even the combat cloud text I use the ingame combat text.

Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    For add-ons, I'd recommend the followings:
    Few other suggestions as well:
    • LoreBooks - helps you in getting Lorebooks, which makes leveling Mages Guild easier
    • SkyShards - helps you in hunting down Skyshards
    • Combat Metrics - if you're into stats, this add-on gives detailed information
    • Shissu's LUA Memory - you'll need this if you're using a lot of add-ons; fixes LUA memory limit
    • Master Merchant - gives you a rough idea on how much an item's value is on the market
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thank you for the add-on ideas!!