The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Easiest VMA Build Magicka Sorc Full Flawless run (Homestead Patch)

Glass
Glass
✭✭✭

The Potato Build! Can't fail with this one
(sorry for the quality)
This is a full Flawless Run 565k score.The score is not that impressive but that wasn't suppose to be, the idea was to make things easy enough to watch a movie or play with your cat while you farm this place of hell.
Regards final boss in round 6 and and the whole final stage I blame only me to make it that messy, but that's what this is all about. complete it being a potato!

Build:
5xNecropotence
2xInfernal Guardian
4xInfallible Aether (Staff Backbar)
Master Lightning Staff (Front Bar)

BIS recommended
5xNecropotence
2xInfernal guardian
4xMoondancer (Front Bar)
Maelstrom Lightning Staff (Backbar)
^I just don't have this :P

17310235_1280656392004272_1546103666002074890_o.jpg?oh=c9a27d155538b91039933a4708267c2a&oe=595888E9

Bars Setup:
Front bar: hardened ward, familiar, c frags, bound aegis, inner light, meteor
Back bar: ele blockade, familiar, liquid lightning, bound aegis, power surge, elemental rage

In my opinion this is the easiest build that you can use in vma, no spammable ability just heavy attack so also no resources issues, massive shields with 55k magicka and crit surge for the best heals that you can have in this arena. The clanfear also will take some aggro to make things easier and paired with infernal guardian some mobs you don't need to target or even turn around, they will just die with these two things combined.
Disclaimer this is not a build that will compete at the top of the leaderboard but it still can give good numbers, this run in particular is 565k score with no sigils and flawless, it wasn't as smooth as it should on some rounds, had some technical issues bar swapping and hard casting crystal frags due to that or at the end my pet just dissapeared and i lost the buff as also an important dot. Usually you won't see crematorial guards on last fight and the three sigils should be easy to just destroy them in one shot not like me :P (I take full responsability for that, that never happens but I'm not recording again :/)

Enjoy!
Edited by Glass on March 22, 2017 8:39PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Glass wrote: »

The Potato Build! Can't fail with this one
    (sorry for the quality)
    This is a full Flawless Run 565k score.The score is not that impressive but that wasn't suppose to be, the idea was to make things easy enough to watch a movie or play with your cat while you farm this place of hell.
    Regards final boss in round 6 and and the whole final stage I blame only me to make it that messy, but that's what this is all about. complete it being a potato!

Build:
    5xNecropotence
    2xInfernal Guardian
    4xInfallible Aether (Staff Backbar)
    Master Lightning Staff (Front Bar)

BIS recommended
    5xNecropotence
    2xInfernal guardian
    4xMoondancer (Front Bar)
    Maelstrom Lightning Staff (Backbar)
    ^I just don't have this :P

17310235_1280656392004272_1546103666002074890_o.jpg?oh=c9a27d155538b91039933a4708267c2a&oe=595888E9

In my opinion this is the easiest build that you can use in vma, no spammable ability just heavy attack so also no resources issues, massive shields with 55k magicka and crit surge for the best heals that you can have in this arena. The clanfear also will take some aggro to make things easier and paired with infernal guardian some mobs you don't need to target or even turn around, they will just die with these two things combined.
    Disclaimer this is not a build that will compete at the top of the leaderboard but it still can give good numbers, this run in particular is 565k score with no sigils and flawless, it wasn't as smooth as it should on some rounds, had some technical issues bar swapping and hard casting crystal frags due to that or at the end my pet just dissapeared and i lost the buff as also an important dot. Usually you won't see crematorial guards on last fight and the three sigils should be easy to just destroy them in one shot not like me :P (I take full responsability for that, that never happens but I'm not recording again :/)

Enjoy!

Buddy, I think you (intentionally or unintentionally) copied m build :smiley: I've been using that since PTS of homestead in January, you can find the extended guide in my signature :)
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Buddy, I think you (intentionally or unintentionally) copied m build :smiley: I've been using that since PTS of homestead in January, you can find the extended guide in my signature :)

Hey "Buddy", so if I use heavy attack in VMA i'm copying you? Sorry I didn't read the copyrights in the new tos.
    Also I see that you use twilight and curse and another setup Infallible Aether, and kena I use infernal guardian on top of necropotence with 4 IA. Maybe the similarity is that I use a sorc, probably I should stop.
    Btw check the difference in dmg between vids, probably dropping the twilight will help you and no need for using sigils ;)
    I'll tell my buddies not to use pets on their vids without thanking you for the contribution.
    Thanks for the great support and creating the most amazing and unique build ever seen, keep up the good work.
  • artificial_blue
    Hey Glass,

Can you list your skill bar setup?

Thanks.
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Glass,

Can you list your skill bar setup?

Thanks.
    Hey!
    I use dual lightning staff

Back bar: ele blockade, familiar, liquid lightning, bound aegis, power surge, elemental rage

be sure to have 75 points in thaumaturge for the bonus on off balanced enemies and cast the familiar in your front bar to have more chances of procking c frags (which i don't do much :/)
  • artificial_blue
    Thanks! I've seen several Pet builds on the forums and I plan on trying them all out to see which one works best for me. Yours looks pretty cool.

Some people slot Inner Light on both bars. Does it need to be on both bars to get the buffs (magicka and spell crit) when you toggle or does 1 bar work?

Most of the other pet builds rock an Inferno staff on the back bar. Are there advantages/disadvantages to having that on the back bar instead of the lightning staff? I need to look into that. I'm sure it depends on what skills you put on the back bar. Appreciate the help.
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I've seen several Pet builds on the forums and I plan on trying them all out to see which one works best for me. Yours looks pretty cool.

Some people slot Inner Light on both bars. Does it need to be on both bars to get the buffs (magicka and spell crit) when you toggle or does 1 bar work?

Most of the other pet builds rock an Inferno staff on the back bar. Are there advantages/disadvantages to having that on the back bar instead of the lightning staff? I need to look into that. I'm sure it depends on what skills you put on the back bar. Appreciate the help.

You need inner light on both bars to get the crit bonus on both bars ... if you're using spell power potions - you get your prophecy buff from those, so no use slotting it on both, but you slot it on front bar for enhanced magicka / recovery, and buffed ultis. Or if you use skills on your back bar that you don't care about applying the crit buff to- again, you can do without it.

But yea - inner light passive buffs only apply to the skills on the bar to which it is slotted.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭

i would slot inner light on backbar too for sure if i had the slot available but unfortunately there isn't. You lose magicka on backbar that way but you still get the spell crit from spell power pots even when you swap (glad they fixed that)

using a lightning staff on backbar gives you 8% more dmg on aoe skills thanks to the ancient knowledge passive having ele blockade there also sets enemies off balance and with the exploiter passive from champion points you get 10% additional dmg. And last thing is that is lightning, so it will have a chance to proc implosion and paired with liquid lightning and the heavy attack the chances are pretty high.
    Only advantages that i see to use and inferno staff is being a dunmer and having 7% bonus dmg on flame attacks and apply a small dot as it the burning effect.
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    I believe most use the Inferno staff on the backbar to proc the ilmabris set's fire damage more frequently with Elemental Blockade.
    Edited by Synroth on March 22, 2017 7:08PM
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    Synroth wrote: »
    I believe most use the Inferno staff on the backbar to proc the ilmabris set's fire damage more frequently with Elemental Blockade.

yea that too, tho I'm not using ilambris in this case but I would suggest for a set like that grothdarr will do. I use infernal guardian because paired with having the shield on front bar it procs very very often and it gives you more burst that any of those, also it gives you some range to help the heavy attacks
  • Synroth
    Synroth
    Synroth wrote: »

yea that too, tho I'm not using ilambris in this case but I would suggest for a set like that grothdarr will do. I use infernal guardian because paired with having the shield on front bar it procs very very often and it gives you more burst that any of those, also it gives you some range to help the heavy attacks

I'm really hoping to attempt the Infernal Guardian set.. but my RGN luck is horrible and I still haven't been able to get myself the shoulders.

With using Ilambis I switch out Shards for Force Pulse too.. just for the additional chance to proc the fire damage.

I'm just recently getting on the VMA farming train so I'm hoping I can get those shoulders soon to attempt this build out, see which I prefer. RGN still hates me though, just getting charged staves...

Edited by Synroth on March 22, 2017 7:24PM
    XboxOne - NA - Gamertag: IlI SYNN IlI
    CP 690+ - DC
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost me at the words aether and moondancer. Soon as I get 11 people to be nice enough to carry me through a vet trial in hard mode then be nice enough to give me thier stuff. Thanks for trying though.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Lost me at the words aether and moondancer. Soon as I get 11 people to be nice enough to carry me through a vet trial in hard mode then be nice enough to give me thier stuff. Thanks for trying though.

You can always use willpower replacing the jewelry and random staves as long as they are sharpened. In fact I'm curious on how much magicka you get with willpower, is not gonna be a huge difference but I just want to know how high can you get :D
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This seems a good build.

Can you please give a full list on front and back bar abilities for us noobs. Also I have MSA inferno staff, can I use inferno on Altmer or is Lightning staff a lot better?
  • Glass
    Glass
    ✭✭✭
    This seems a good build.

Can you please give a full list on front and back bar abilities for us noobs. Also I have MSA inferno staff, can I use inferno on Altmer or is Lightning staff a lot better?

Hey!, I listed before in a comment i'll make sure to put it in the description.

I think the exploit passive is huge however not every mob gets off balance but yes a big a percentage. Like I said in another comment:
    using a lightning staff on backbar gives you 8% more dmg on aoe skills thanks to the ancient knowledge passive having ele blockade there also sets enemies off balance and with the exploiter passive from champion points you get 10% additional dmg. And last thing is that is lightning, so it will have a chance to proc implosion and paired with liquid lightning and the heavy attack the chances are pretty high.
    Only advantages that i see to use and inferno staff is being a dunmer and having 7% bonus dmg on flame attacks and apply a small dot as it the burning effect.
  • Devilmaycry
    Devilmaycry
    Soul Shriven
    Where's your cp points located ? I still can't beat vma. I must be a *** dps player lol. Ima going to try this build !