Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How can I fix the launcher?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Earlier today I started ESO from the launcher and while the game was loading the PC crashed. I restarted it and the game itself is fine and runs perfectly well but the launcher seems to think it's not installed any more. If I go to the Zenimax Online folder a find the .exe I can run the game from there but the launcher has replaced the 'play' button with 'install'.

Now I know I can run the game without the launcher (I'm doing it right now) but sooner or later I'm going to have to use it to update the game and when that happens I'd really rather not have to download the entire thing. Does anyone know how I can get it to recognise that the game is still installed?

Or alternatively if I hit install will it check for files that are already there first and hopefully work out that it doesn't need to install anything?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"