Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO subscription and morrowind

JUSTIN_giver
JUSTIN_giver
Soul Shriven
Just getting into the game and wanted to know if the morrowind update is a new dlc and would then be included in the subscrition to ESO online?
Edited by JUSTIN_giver on March 16, 2017 4:25PM
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not. You have to buy it.

Check out this link.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-pre-order-faq

I'm debating whether to buy it or not right away.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • JUSTIN_giver
    JUSTIN_giver
    Soul Shriven
    @parkham thank you. I don't think I will be ordering this early.. not unless I get through a pile of this game in 3 months.. I just started a lizard man sorcerer.. lvl 11 lol.. so much to get through before I start expanding thats for sure.. Appreciate the info though. Seriously amazed at this forum.. so helpful.. Considering I played Destiny at a high level and the forums there are so horrible and full of trolls and is a cess pool of disgusting bs.. this is amazing.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just getting into the game and wanted to know if the morrowind update is a new dlc and would then be included in the subscrition to ESO online?
    Not to nitpick, but Morrowind isn't a DLC. It's an expansion. The difference is DLC works with a game's core while an expansion generally adds mechanics unavailable in the core game.
    Since you came from Destiny, you're well familiar with this (especially the old "reset" Bungie forced us to do).

As an ESO+ member, you do have access to the DLC that's currently available. You don't have to wait to "level up" to play them. You can start them anytime you want. If you want a little fun and earn some gold, the Thieves Guild DLC is a good way to go.

Be warned though: it has substantial lag because you'll see many "low level" characters in the game. :wink:
  • JUSTIN_giver
    JUSTIN_giver
    Soul Shriven
    @Violynne thank you. I couldn't think of the word and knew if it wasn't a dlc it would not be included.. but, I coudln't find the info I was looking for. I have it now.. morrowind is expansion needing purchase.. the 5 others from the past are dlc. I think the wife and I will play through what we have first.. then purchase morrowind and at that point, maybe look at getting the online subscription.. there is so much in this game right now for us to complete, or atleast it feels that way.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I'll probably wait too. The forum here for the most part is great. There's still primadonnas here though ;-) .

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild