Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting hard to level.

byrness
byrness
I'm finds it pretty to level enchanting because no one is willing to help lol.
I'm on psn eu I'm in 5 guilds and have tryed zone chat.
Iv been asking players to make me glyphs for extraction I have all mats needed to make the glyphs and unless you are offer big$$$ for time spent no one has the time day for you I have even offered mats for furniture making for time spent and still nothing.
This is my first mmo didnt think it would be this hard to get players to help you
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'm on PS4 EU to, and I need to level my enchanting. Perhaps we can make a deal?
  • byrness
    byrness
    If u send me mats I can make potency level 6 up to aspect 3. I'm happy do it for you it's been so hard for me lol. I need someone that can make high end glyphs or it won't level me.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a short period on the EU server and I found a few people to help with stuff... one guy even bought me my first mount to get me started (I didn't ask, they just offered) so there are some good people out there on it. But it appears a LOT quieter than the NA server - so maybe help is harder to come by.
  • Schnurrer
    Schnurrer
    ✭✭
    Just in case you dont know:

You can craft glyphs (and also Armor) by your own and deconstruct it with another Charakter of yours - the items will count like crafted from another (account)-Player. The Values for Inspiring XP (at least for enchanting) are equal to the numbers of xp gained from dropped Items.

So you basicly need two charakters to lvl up your enchanting on your own. If you only have one charakter - I understand your Problem. But believe me - having 2 charakters (and an almost empty bank with maxed slots) will help you on a faster way than waiting for a crafting partner (where you can only trade 6 (?) Items a the time).

Greetings

Schnurri
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    byrness wrote: »
    I'm finds it pretty to level enchanting because no one is willing to help lol.
    It used to be much, much worse. We're very lucky ZoS finally upgraded it. Before, you had to pay attention to the color of the runestone node (where the stones come from), because that's what it popped out. Now, we get at least 2 different types, with a chance at all 3, with a single runestone node. It took many months looking for specific stones. Thank goodness that's all gone now.

Leveling Enchanting solo isn't difficult. You just need a little patience and many, many colored aspect runes (the round ones). If you're using Ta (white) stones, it'll take longer. You need Jejota (green), Denata (blue), and Rekuta (purple) to see any "quick" advancement of leveling.

Some tips to level up:
    - Unless you intend to craft items for others, any lower level potency (square) stones you have should be used to make glyphs. You won't gain much experience, but it'll clear your inventory of useless rocks. Use the Ta aspect rune to clear them out.

- When crafting glyphs, stick to the stones of your current level and use only colored (green/blue/purple - SAVE THE YELLOW BECAUSE THEY'RE HARD TO FIND!) aspect (round) stones. Initially, the level bar will quickly grow, but it'll slow down as you approach the cap. This is normal. Once you unlock the next level of stone(s), start using them as soon as you get them.

- Pilfer every runestone you see, even the Ta stones. Every one. Don't just say, "I don't want this one". Get it. It takes many rocks to level up, and you'll want to use the stones you don't want to level up. Consider them disposable, keeping the stones you do want in your inventory.

- Use the Ta stones when you're low on colored. You won't gain as much exp, but you will still be gaining something. Every little bit helps!

- Do not deconstruct the glyphs you make! This is a mistake I see people make, because even though it's not huge, it's still exp. Instead, sell them! The money you earn can allow you to buy more potency stones of your level, which will grant you much more exp than breaking down your own glyphs.

You should easily be able to level Enchanting by 10 for every area in a zone, being at 50 by the time you complete the the zone. Once every three days, after you've collected many rocks, head to an Enchanting station and stand there for about 5-10 minutes making glyphs, sell to buy more stones, and repeat until you've used all your rocks.

Follow this advice, and you'll see it doesn't take long at all. :wink:

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    - Do not deconstruct the glyphs you make! This is a mistake I see people make, because even though it's not huge, it's still exp. Instead, sell them! The money you earn can allow you to buy more potency stones of your level, which will grant you much more exp than breaking down your own glyphs.

Yes, and No to the Bolded part. If you have just one character, then you don't want to decon the glyphs you make as you get little in the way of Inspiration, selling them is much better.

If you are leveling enchanting on more than one character, then make them on one, and decon on another, is a perfectly fine thing to do.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Learn the translation for each of the runes. Deconstruct all glyphs you pick up, they seem to drop a lot in public dungeons. Do your crafting writs. It is the most difficult trade to level.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA