The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would It Be Possible To Create A Collectibles Trading System?

KhajiitWarlord
A little idea that a friend and I came up with while ranting about how the crown crates dropped stuff to each of us that we would never use because we don't play with the associated races.

I tend to play with plenty of Khajiiti characters and the occasional elf or human, but I can bring myself around to making an Argonian as I do not like the way they look nor do I like their racial passives. However, the randomness of the crown crates dropped Argonian hairstyles and adornment for me often enough to annoy me.

The idea came to mind based on me getting an Argonian specific drop that he really wanted, and that he managed to get a Khajiiti specific drop that I was looking to get my hands on, and that he stated he would be unlikely to ever use.

Such a trading system would really be just to correct style drops based on preference instead of pure randomization. However, such a system could possibly be implemented with the entire crown store to allow 'gifting' between friends and family, or trading other collectibles such as mounts with other players based on preference, considering that some collectibles never get used anymore because something more up to date and more stylish came along. This could also alleviate the disappointment that some newer players experiance when they hear about mounts or costumes that were only available for a limited time and that they may never be able to get.

It could be implemented as a standalone system for crown store item trade only or it could be implemented into the existing trading system by making it possible for collectibles to be put into runeboxes that would be tradable.

I suppose this is more of a public rant than a suggestion, but if such a system could be implemented, it would be worth consideration by the devs.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did this, I would give away those ugly, ridiculous argonian jawbone blades that are stuck in my collections menu. But I doubt they'll ever allow it. It might make their customers too happy. :|
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, i would be happy to just be able to delete unwanted collection items. My number one reason for not wanting to buy more Crown Crates is that i want to avoid cluttering my collection with more unwanted assets.
    *Special Snowflake*

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, i would be happy to just be able to delete unwanted collection items. My number one reason for not wanting to buy more Crown Crates is that i want to avoid cluttering my collection with more unwanted assets.
    Since I noticed the search feature it's not too bad.

My biggest issue is when I search it takes me out of the category I am in and I have to click through them again.

If I already have Costumes selected it's because I want to search within the costumes section, not have to click through to it again.

Also I wish there was a way to quickslot items from that menu, or search the quickslot screen. Trying to find the banker/merchant to slot and never remembering their names makes for a long slow painful process.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they would allow trading or gifting of crown store items! It would be great to give gifts to friends. I'd love to be able to give some of those earlier rewards even to someonw who would actually use them (like that hrothgar ice wraith pet I'll never use, I'm sure it's perfect for some character out there).

I doubt they will allow trading of crate items though because that goes against the idea that people will keep buying crates to get the things they actually want, but honestly I think they are kind of screwing themselves with the crate system having so many things people would totally buy but not for the hundred dollars worth of crates it will likely take. It's a system that creates way too much frustration and resentment for a lot of people.

I totally agree that having to sort through a ton of items you'll never use is a major flaw in the crate system. I literally have dreamed of characters with flowers sprouting in their footsteps all my life so the floral aura and wild hunt mounts are EXTREMELY tempting to me, but then I remember that trying to get them will result in buying ugly bosmer costumes and argonian feathers and what-not, and no... on top of the price I just can't do it. I don't want to sift through all that crap in my collections. I'd much rather it go to someone who actually wants it.

At the very least the race or gender specific items should be allowed to be turned to gems if you do not have a character meeting the requirement to use that item.

I think if they do implement a gifting system it's more likely to be spending your crowns on a new item that is sent to someone else rather than transferring something from your collections to theirs, though your suggestion is ideal. I'm sure the concern would be people trying to re-sell items to other players for real cash.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they will become tradable. That would mean less money for ZoS.

I doubt they will allow trading of crate items though because that goes against the idea that people will keep buying crates to get the things they actually want, but honestly I think they are kind of screwing themselves with the crate system having so many things people would totally buy but not for the hundred dollars worth of crates it will likely take. It's a system that creates way too much frustration and resentment for a lot of people.

I totally agree that having to sort through a ton of items you'll never use is a major flaw in the crate system. I literally have dreamed of characters with flowers sprouting in their footsteps all my life so the floral aura and wild hunt mounts are EXTREMELY tempting to me, but then I remember that trying to get them will result in buying ugly bosmer costumes and argonian feathers and what-not, and no... on top of the price I just can't do it. I don't want to sift through all that crap in my collections. I'd much rather it go to someone who actually wants it.

At the very least the race or gender specific items should be allowed to be turned to gems if you do not have a character meeting the requirement to use that item.

I think if they do implement a gifting system it's more likely to be spending your crowns on a new item that is sent to someone else rather than transferring something from your collections to theirs, though your suggestion is ideal. I'm sure the concern would be people trying to re-sell items to other players for real cash. [/quote]

What she said. ^^. I can see the gifting idea becoming a thing, ZoS will still get $$.

I've never done the crown crates so I really don't know anything about "flower sprouting in their footsteps" lol.