Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Advice for someone restarting after barely playing it back when it started

sarbonn
sarbonn
✭✭✭
So, for the second time, I thought I would try to get back into this game, and instead of just playing it for a day or so and getting frustrating and leave, I thought I'd ask for some advice to see how best to get reintroduced back into this game.

When I first played teh game, it had just released, and I didn't get that far into the game, but I did love going to the little invasions that were taking place, even if there was no real reward for doing so (at least back then).

So, as many of you continued, or started after and then have done so much more than I ever dreamed, how would you suggest someone start out (right now I'm just trying to download the update, which for some reason seems seriously stuck at 2%), so I guess I have a little time to explore ideas.

What things do people generally look forward to in the game, and what things do you find fun to do? Please leave the "this game suckz" stuff out of this thread because that's really not helpful.
Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest change is "One Tamriel" (1T) which now invalidates the need to do Cadwell's silver and gold quests. Outside of Cyrodiil, players can go anywhere at any time, and do quests however they want. No PvP, thankfully, but players can now request duels with other players.

Cyrodiil is still the same: long queues to get in, and plenty of lag, if you still want to do PvP. :wink:

Leveling has changed. Gone are the Veteran ranks, now replaced with Champion Points. Once you hit level 50, you will start earning CP to apply in a new perk tree. Currently, 600 is the max on CP.

Not to be confusing, but the level cap is CP160 for armor and weapons. Public areas which group will level all at CP160, while Veteran areas will scale per the group. At least, I think that's how this works.

Crafting materials will now scale with the player and their crafting level. Yes, both at the same time. For example, if you're level 20, but haven't increased Blacksmithing, you will find both iron and high iron ores. This will continue until you hit the max, which will only produce Rubedite.

Classes haven't changed, but their skill trees have. Some were replaced with new skills, and every class has been modified while ZoS continues to learn what "balance" is.

Armor and weapon traits have also changed.

That's it in a nutshell.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland content has generally become far easier. Exception is world bosses.
    the anchor invasions is an popular way to level, however doing it with an huge group will not level you fast.
    Then doing dungeons you can be grouped with high level players and still doing good work because of the scaling.
    Because of the scaling you can do stuff how you like. Only benefit of following the flow of the game is that faction quests tend to be linked.

And yes get into some friendly guilds. its fun and you get lots of help.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307726/of-wolf-and-raven-a-casual-solo-friendly-guild-beginners-and-veterans-welcome#latest

Im currently running this guild for new players / returning / beginners. We have discord, guild events and are growing! PM me ingame or get in touch with any of the players that are from the guild such as @Rusk3n, @Cassie_Thorne, @Malice37 ( our guild jester!), @catch22atplay, @rosenvine @Owis, @FunkPirata or @VoidicAvali.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I like in this game is freedom. Freedom of character building, freedom of questing. Everything you do gives you something that can be useful in some way. You can be tank in a group dung, dps while runing solo and mix of them in PvP.

It can be hard in the very begin but in this MMO you have all, great story line, PvP, raids, group dungs, questing, role playing, you can steal or be an assassin + beautyful graphics (no I dont like anime like games).

Yes, you there are some bugs and pvpv serwers problems, yes you can find exploits and cheats but TBH after few years of playing I havent see them as many as in games like Aion just in a week period.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge