The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suggestion for Maelstrom?

WarpigFunk
WarpigFunk
✭✭✭
Tutor Riparius given a "re-trait" tab. retraits cost 50 "Daedric Jewels"
Deconstructing a Maelstrom weapon results in normal decon mats plus 1 "Daedric Jewel"

So worst case scenario, if you never get the weapon / trait combo you want - you can wait for just the weapon you want to drop, then wait until you've deconstructed 50 maelstrom weapons - then get Riparius to retrait it to sharpened or whatever trait you want.

So you'll still have to run Maelstrom alot - you'll still have to depend on RNG to get the weapon itself ... but chances are really good that after 60-100 runs you will for sure end up with the weapon / trait desired. It will also slightly ease the sting of opening the chest and seeing another powered Greatsword, since at least you'll get a jewel out of it.

Also - I'd propose putting some crafting tables somewhere in there so potions can be crafted as needed without having to travel out and potentially resetting your stage.

these ideas suck or nah?

Cheers!
PS4 [NA]
Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
-VERIFIED-
-FFF-
vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am sorry to be pesimistic, but everyone (including myself) who believes in a VMA loot upgrade is naive.

Judging from historical occurements, even if some action is taken and they take a look at VMA loot system, the new one will be even worse.

I like your idea but ZoS simply likes the RNG element from A to Z. They have never even responded to any VMA loot improvement thread.

I created this idea which isn't 100% solution, but ZoS should be satisfied with it and we, players get some improvement (surely would be a lot better than what we have now).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327580/vma-drop-idea-nothing-new-already-is-in-game#latest
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on March 15, 2017 1:47PM
    Options
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I Agree. The simple fact of the matter is the typical player that is motivated enough to run VMA over and over is most likely the demographic unit that is most likely to spend $$ on ESOplus and other acoutrements available in the ESO crown store, I'd assume they tend to be more of a non-casual player... so keeping that player continuously playing endlessly grinding loot is probably in ZOS's financial best interest. I get that. So I doubt any change that lessens the grind is forthcoming.

I was just thinking of some kind of happy medium where one would still need to grind the hell out of Maelstrom but at least some semblance of a payoff is guaranteed. As it stands - I run Maelstrom every day at least once if not 2-3 times, endlessly hunting for one or two specific drops in it's sizeable loot table. As such I'm running far fewer dailies, I'm often forsaking logging onto alts to get them squared away etc ... ESO has become for me something of a Maelstrom-trial-Maelstrom hamster wheel lol ... still enjoying it, but sometimes it feels like I'm wasting so much time on this nonsense that'll never payout.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    Options
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    How about something like this ...

Any Flawless Conqueror can trade Maelstrom drops with any other Flawless Conqueror - basically it's treated like a dungeon/ trial group - with a trade timer. But you have to have the Flawless title to do it.
    Alternately maybe you could have it so anyone on the leaderboard can trade with anyone else on the leaderboard within a set time frame. Something like that?

PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    Options
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WarpigFunk - I expected more from you. <3
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Options
  • Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭
    @Lukums1 mate you have not taught him well enough yet it seems :wink:

another 100 laps around the arena for you @WarpigFunk :smiley:

I'll see you there as ill be trying to get a sharpened 1h axe soon to see how it compares to a 2 vma dagger build in trials for my stamblade XD

Options
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Got my first sharpened destro today ... it was ice :/

just need a sharpened sword now and I will have at least 1 of every single maelstrom weapon type sharpened, except for lightning or inferno staff. It ****ing knows ... I swear it knows ....
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    Options
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

Any Flawless Conqueror can trade Maelstrom drops with any other Flawless Conqueror - basically it's treated like a dungeon/ trial group - with a trade timer. But you have to have the Flawless title to do it.
    Alternately maybe you could have it so anyone on the leaderboard can trade with anyone else on the leaderboard within a set time frame. Something like that?

No they won't do this because it leaves all the 1% still at a higher playing advantage than the rest of the game which they said in a recent interview they don't really like. Plus what other person would trade their best trait maelstrom weapon for a crappy one XD. Although i do think flawless people should at least get a better chance at the weapon they're hopefully running for. Hate seeing a flawless run then get a pointless resto staff.
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »

No they won't do this because it leaves all the 1% still at a higher playing advantage than the rest of the game which they said in a recent interview they don't really like. Plus what other person would trade their best trait maelstrom weapon for a crappy one XD. Although i do think flawless people should at least get a better chance at the weapon they're hopefully running for. Hate seeing a flawless run then get a pointless resto staff.

I would without hesitation if I got one I didn't need, if I had Flawless. Though if they had that deal I'd probably already have flawless.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options