Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stam DK sustain abilities?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
For a while I've seen people saying that stamina DK's have incredible sustain, but I just don't see why that is. What do stam DK's get for heavy sustain that other classes don't get as well? The only sustain skills/passives I see in their tree is Ferocious Leap (ult), spiked armor, & the obsidian shield line. The last two of which, the shield doesn't last long enough to really count as sustain.

WIthout vigor & rally, what other sustain does a stam DK bring to the table that I am not seeing?
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Guessing not then?
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    The earthen heart tree is what really helps a DK. The passives are huge. And mix them with igneous weapons (buffs all group members damage by 20%) and igneous shield (for better mending/healing). You have passives that give you back 5% of stamina when you use an earthen heart ability. Also has a passive where activating ultimate restores health, magic, and stamina. Based on like x many points per cost of ultimate. You also have a passive there for ultimate generation.

As long as you have decent magic regen you can spam igneous shield and igneous weapons to keep having Stamina. And you generate ultimate fast enough that casting that restores all 3 attributes in no time.
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So i've been dumping like 85% into stamina and the other 15% into health. should I put some into magicka when I level?
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    That's up to you. I wouldn't. Cause I do the min/max way to get the most oit of things. I have 59 points into stamina and 5 into health. But i also tank often. So i need the health. If you don't tank and are just DPS put it all into stamina. All your attacks will be stronger.