The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skin tone change please.

SanSan
SanSan
✭✭✭✭✭
Why not put a skin tone change option in the crown store? My Imperial is very tan even on highest light option. Have all the skin tones please.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do that with the appearance change tokens
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OP wants to change the skin tone to something beyond the character screen racial offering. Imperials are naturally 'tan', so even the lightest setting still makes them somewhat dark. However, this is a RACE aspect, which means they cannot be made to be something they are not. As an example... Imperials cannot become as light as Bretons, because it's not part of their racial genetics.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Does it give me all the skin tone options or just the race specific ones?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The option OP is asking for isn't available in the Character Cretor and therefore couldn't be changed to by using the Appearance Change Token.

He wants Imperials with a lighter skin tone that is currently available for them. Skin tones like the Tharn family has.
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I think OP wants to change the skin tone to something beyond the character screen racial offering. Imperials are naturally 'tan', so even the lightest setting still makes them somewhat dark. However, this is a RACE aspect, which means they cannot be made to be something they are not. As an example... Imperials cannot become as light as Bretons, because it's not part of their racial genetics.

There are lighter skinned Imperials, however. I am not well-versed on the particularities of the races of Men since they do not really interest me much, but I know there are some skin tones differences depending on where in Cyrodiil they come from (and, again, the Tharn family is very pale).
    Edited by Abeille on March 13, 2017 3:24PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »

They're racially specific, and you get to pay an absurd 1500 Crowns for it!

What a bargain!!! /sarcasm

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I responded to your question above... an appearance change token takes you back to the character creation screen with the same options as the original character creation.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I responded to your question above... an appearance change token takes you back to the character creation screen with the same options as the original character creation.
    That's saddening. Thanks :(
    I didn't refresh so it didn't appear.
    Edited by SanSan on March 13, 2017 3:24PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not what I want as I said.

And you're not going to get what you want because skin tone is racially based... want a lighter-skinned character, pick a different race. Much like how the racial passives work.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not what I want as I said.

And you're not going to get what you want because skin tone is racially based... want a lighter-skinned character, pick a different race. Much like how the racial passives work.

Sorry for that reply. Thought you were someone else.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, vampires are quite pale. >:)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Is everyone just going to ignore that Imperials do have lighter skin colors than the ones available in the Character Creator? :neutral:
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    So... Is everyone just going to ignore that Imperials do have lighter skin colors than the ones available in the Character Creator? :neutral:

I believe so. :/
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just go Vampire.

You'll be whiter than sour cream at that point. :D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go Vampire.

You'll be whiter than sour cream at that point. :D

I'm good, my Imperial is from Bravil and it's sunny down there :P

Or was, before the Butcher...

Anyways, I suppose if someone really REALLY wants their Imperial to be super pale, Vampire Stage 1 is an option, sorta. But then they have to give up on their eye color too. Perhaps they just want to be from the northern parts of Cyrodiil (if that's where the paler Imperials come from. I honestly know very little about them, I just know that they exist).

Meet my characters:

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanSan

Like with the hairstyles pack that has all the original styles you'll only be able to select from what is already available for your race. I would expect any lack offering for skin tones to have the same restrictions as well.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like with the hairstyles pack that has all the original styles you'll only be able to select from what is already available for your race. I would expect any lack offering for skin tones to have the same restrictions as well.

Yeah, I do not expect a Skin Tone pack to be added to the store to be honest. Although, I think the number of available skin tones in Character Creator needs to be wider for some races. I'm thinking mainly of Orc. I wanted greener Orcs.

Meet my characters:

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't realize the OP was asking for something different. Read it wrong.

Doesn't matter really. The only options are what are in the character creation screen or vampire. Can't get anything different atm.

I've made my 2 Imperials with a tan because they are warriors and I figures they spend alot of time outside.
    Edited by Katahdin on March 13, 2017 4:03PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all the racists can make white-ass redguards? No thanks.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguards are a combination of various ethnicities and cultures based on real life african and middle eastern. So there are definitely light skinned redguards, a few of them appear on this piece of concept artwork from the thieves guild expansion

The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Thieves-Guild-Games.jpg
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on March 13, 2017 4:57PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't realize the OP was asking for something different. Read it wrong.

Doesn't matter really. The only options are what are in the character creation screen or vampire. Can't get anything different atm.

I've made my 2 Imperials with a tan because they are warriors and I figures they spend alot of time outside.

Yes, the option isn't available at the moment, which is why the OP is asking for the option to be made available.

Meet my characters:

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@mesmerizedish Yeah, I don't want any racists making black-ass nords :^)

//////////

Yeah there's a lot of annoyance with the variance between what's available for players (see: black hair for altmer, lighter skintones for Imperials) and what npcs can have. It would be pretty asinine to put it in at some point and charge us all to use it, too, but eh.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redguards are a combination of various ethnicities and cultures based on real life african and middle eastern. So there are definitely light skinned redguards, a few of them appear on this piece of concept artwork from the thieves guild expansion

None of those are white. You can make lighter skinned Redguards in the game already, but within reason.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 13, 2017 7:29PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials are based on IRL Italians/Iberians. They are naturally tanned.

If you want to play a white hero, then pick Breton or Nord, or become a vampire.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 13, 2017 7:31PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None of those are white. You can make lighter skinned Redguards in the game already, but within reason.

Redguards already have the lore-friendly options available to them. This is not the case with other races of Men and Mer and it is not fair to harm the very lore-friendly customization options of other races to stop people from giving skins that you deem "too white" for Redguards.

Some hair styles and adornments have race restrictions. They can very well do the same here.
    Imperials are based on IRL Italians/Iberians. They are naturally tanned.

If you want to play a white hero, then pick Breton or Nord, or become a vampire.

Both Imperials and Italians/Iberians are much more diverse than you might have imagined.
    Edited by Abeille on March 13, 2017 7:43PM

Meet my characters:

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The redguards are based off of the Moors of West and North Africa .
    Most are Dark skinned but some are light skinned
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 13, 2017 7:47PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok but when will bethesda allow me to play an altmer with a skin tone like in Arena?

latest?cb=20120612171421

i understand 'golden skin' but let me have a nicely toasted altmer as well as the Custard Creme altmer, the Banana Laffy Taffy altmer, and the Grapefruit Rind altmer
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok but when will bethesda allow me to play an altmer with a skin tone like in Arena?

latest?cb=20120612171421

i understand 'golden skin' but let me have a nicely toasted altmer as well as the Custard Creme altmer, the Banana Laffy Taffy altmer, and the Grapefruit Rind altmer

Ohh I would like that. I think they made the darker Altmeri skins into an Ayleid characteristic instead, perhaps that's why we don't have it available? Are there any Altmer NPCs in game with a darker skin tone than what is available to us, like happens to black hair?

Meet my characters:

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP your options are:

Make a Breton

OR

Become a vampire for a more pale complexion.

Imperials are based off "Romans" in a way and they are Mediterranean and are very tan even if Tamriel is a fantasy wold it draws elements from certain things and in the case of Imperials it drew from the Roman Empire :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • BlackWormDisciple
    I know I'm late to this topic, but it seems rather depressing to see a number of these responses ignore the fact that Imperials (like the real-world Italians and the ancient Romans) are a very diverse people, both in terms of the Cyrodiilic people's culture but also their physical traits. I'll probably chime in one last time since I know I've discussed this enough.

As @Abeille has mentioned, there are plenty of fairer skinned Imperials walking around - the most prominent examples being a number of the Tharn family and many who are part of the different Legions throughout Tamriel. And it's not just Online that boasts pale and light skinned Imperials (both Colovians and Nibenese, by the way - their differences are cultural only. Just had to get that out there). Oblivion and Skyrim had plenty walking around.

The "typical" image of an Imperial doesn't mean "all Imperials" - just like the typical image of a Breton does not mean all Bretons have facial features that resemble a cross between Man and Mer's with spindly limbs and manes of curly dark brown hair, nor are all Nords giant, pasty-skinned barbarians with blonde hair and blue eyes.

The character creation system needs to be adjusted for a number of the races - Imperials needing either additional skintone options (just like the Orcs do as Abeille mentioned), races like the High Elves need more hair color options because we know there are plenty with black hair and darker hair colors, Argonians could use extra color options for their scales, etc. And a number of these limitations on players can be fixed by giving those options found on NPCs of these different races to the players - it seems odd to have numerous NPCs display traits that their race clearly has physically while players are given the creative shaft.