Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do I quest for Moonmirth house?

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't do quests often so I'm not real good at them yet. I am a dunmar who has completed some stuff in the beginner zone of my race. I don't know what "Cadwell quests" means. I have not done the main story line. Sorry, I just don't like questing. But I want Moonmirth and I cannot pay for it on cash shop (because no credit card/paypal and Steam Wallet is not allowed). How do I start this quest chain? I cannot even find it's beginning.

Looking here it says I need to
"complete the Maormer's Bane achievement and A Friend In Need."

and to get
Maormer's Bane you get by completing The Tempest Unleashed

The Tempest Unleashed you get by completing The Perils of Diplomacy

The Perils of Diplomacy you get by completing

WTF DOES THIS MEAN THERE ARE THREE POSSIBLE QUESTS PREREQ OR DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THREE ?????????????

Storm on the Horizon / Cast Adrift / Tears of the Two Moons

WHAT DOES THIS MEAAAAAAAN! OMG.

Why lock the house behind a huge quest chain wall?
What is the first freaking quest I am suppose to do to get this job done?!
I'm Dunmer not AD does that mean I cannot quest for this house?

Edited by Jemcrystal on March 11, 2017 4:37PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its one of the starter houses, the inns you can/should be able to buy it for 3k gold instead of questing for it, by clicking on it in crown store, housing, preview and then travel to it
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not an Inn. And the inn I did get I still had to quest for. So where does the quest chain start for Moonmirth House on Khenarthi's Roost? When I look it up in the wiki it tells me I have to be a born AD or alludes to it. Who has bought Moonmirth who is not an AD? I don't want to buy it from the cash shop and spend irl cash. I want to buy it with game gold. Are you telling me that you buy housing from the cash shop with game gold? I don't understand what you are saying.
    91SYE0u.png
    Edited by Jemcrystal on March 11, 2017 7:12PM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah u can buy houses u visit from the crown store, either for ingame gold or real life money, but didnt know you actually had to unlock achievement to buy them, I have done everything so that part was unlocked for me already when they released the content.

the quest chain its locked behind takes roughly 30ish min to do, no other way around it

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do not need an AD character, any character can do it.

Maormer's Bane is an achievement for completing the main quest chain on Khenarthi's Roost. This means there is more than 1 quest you have to do, but it's one of the starter islands so it won't take long and should not be difficult.

To start the quest chain on a character who has never been to Khenarthi's Roost before:
    1) Travel to Vulkhel Guard
    2) Look for Sugar-Claws at the east end of the docks - a khajiit with black hair - she will take you to Khenarthi's Roost.
    3) When you arrive walk up the beach into the ruins and look for Razum-dar (marked with a quest marker), he will give you the first quest.

If your character has been to Khenarthi's Roost before you can skip steps 1 and 2, and for step 3 you need to go to Eagle's Strand on the southern tip of the island.

Razum-dar will give you the quest Storm on the Horizon. To complete it you need to do either Cast Adrift OR Tears of the Two Moons. After that you will pick up The Perils of Diplomacy and then The Tempest Unleashed. So in total you need to complete 4 quests, but one of them just involves talking to a few people. All of these quests follow on immediately from each other - once you complete one you will either pick up the next one in the same conversation or the person you get it from will be right in front of you.
    Edited by Danikat on March 11, 2017 9:52PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    yeah u can buy houses u visit from the crown store, either for ingame gold or real life money, but didnt know you actually had to unlock achievement to buy them, I have done everything so that part was unlocked for me already when they released the content.

the quest chain its locked behind takes roughly 30ish min to do, no other way around it

You have to complete an achievement to buy any house with gold. The only exception is the 3 apartments (the ones that cost 11k, 12k and 13k gold), and the inn rooms where you have to do a quest to get the first one and then you can buy the others for 3k gold (or do the quest again if you have a character in that alliance). (Oh and the Imperial houses which require you to own the Imperial edition.)

The achievements are always tied to questing in the area where the house is and are roughly scaled with the size of the house. So a small or medium house will only require you to do the quest chain for that little bit of the map, large houses require you to complete a whole map (for example Mathiisen Manor on Auridon requires the Auridon Adventurer achievement), then the notable houses - the giant ones that give titles - require you to complete an entire Alliance area.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I don't do quests often so I'm not real good at them yet.
    I'm going to sidestep your question for a moment, and focus on this. You're not questing because you're not good at them?

Just how do you intend to collect the gold to buy the house? This house is 50k and at an early level, it's going to take quite a while to amass 50k gold. Quests reward gold.

If you're careful, by the time you complete the quests in AD, you may have enough to just buy the house. But furnishing it? How do you intend to build furniture if 1) you're not actively looking for plans between quests and 2) grab the materials needed to craft?

Oh my. I think your priorities are a bit backward when dealing with the game. You can't even buy most houses without doing quests, so perhaps, and this is just unwanted advice, get good at quests first?

Otherwise, this game probably isn't for you.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I don't do quests often so I'm not real good at them yet.
    I'm going to sidestep your question for a moment, and focus on this. You're not questing because you're not good at them?

Just how do you intend to collect the gold to buy the house? This house is 50k and at an early level, it's going to take quite a while to amass 50k gold. Quests reward gold.

If you're careful, by the time you complete the quests in AD, you may have enough to just buy the house. But furnishing it? How do you intend to build furniture if 1) you're not actively looking for plans between quests and 2) grab the materials needed to craft?

Oh my. I think your priorities are a bit backward when dealing with the game. You can't even buy most houses without doing quests, so perhaps, and this is just unwanted advice, get good at quests first?

Otherwise, this game probably isn't for you.

you can make lots of gold in this game without doing the quest, just today I got a yokodan chest motif easy sell for 44k gold, yeah one could argue that picking up the dailey quest for it, is questing I dont know.

there are also people that like running around stealing stuff, thats easy +10k gold if u dont get caught :)

flowers, node hunting, tempers and so on
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the help all you guys are perfection! I get busy questing now. Especially Danikat who has offered much help with no criticisms. With your advice and ESO Walkthrough Let's Play 1 & 2 (he was not made #3 yet as of this posting) I was able to get the achievement and purchase my first house. Now I have to craft craft craft and decorate. Gaming is almost like work.

There a lots of furniture recipes throughout the game in barrels, sacks, and cabinets or guildmates who have extra copies they do not want. I do not need to quest for furniture recipes.

The quests in this game are well written I just don't want to bother with being told go here go there. Plus my first quest chain was on the EP beginner island of Bleakrock and everyone died no matter what choice I made. Kinda put me off to questing. Plus I lost access to the island's craft zone just for doing the right and trying to save everyone. Was discouraging. I do not mind that the quest writers were trying something new (they must have watched the latest episodes of Dr Who or that stupid Game of Thrones crap which does for dragons what Twilight did for vamps - gawk! bad writing). But a beginner's zone is no place to let loose your inner Moffat.

Edited by Jemcrystal on March 15, 2017 7:03AM
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note of interest in case someone else needs this. Razum-dar is the central character in the quest chain that gets the achievement. Find him and you are on your way. But Razum-dar can be in spots all over the place. Sometimes he is on a bridge on the way in to Mistral. If you cannot find him he has left you a note on a pole, by the wayshrine that is not in the city:
    nxHPJ5gh.png
    Edited by Jemcrystal on March 15, 2017 2:29PM