The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Writ - Damage Health Poison IX - Help me out

rmatthendrick
rmatthendrick
✭✭
I got a Master Crafting Writ for Damage Health Poison IX. Can someone help me out? I can't find this anywhere online and I can't figure out how to do it (Every time I try it turns into a Damage Stamina Poison). The traits it needs are:

Gradual Ravage Health
Ravage Health
Ravage Stamina
Edited by rmatthendrick on March 11, 2017 1:43PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the time has come to start suggesting that BEFORE you start a master alchemy writ try out the combination you expect to work (don't actually craft it, but double check your planned combo lists all required effects and matches your writ). A lot of folks seem to be having trouble and perhaps should instead be selling their alchemy master writs if it gives them such headaches.

(I've not had any sleep tonight and been up all night so this is not my usual posting style, but at some point this needs said.)

edit: typo
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 18, 2019 8:53PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    I tried UESP's calculator and it doesn't help much when it comes to poisons (it doesn't work well for what the Writ is asking for), so there's that. I have all the traits discovered for every reagent. I just keep trying combinations that I think will work and it keeps converting to Stamina Poison IX when the writ asks for Health Poison IX.

I was simply asking for help, not a lecture. I wasn't being rude or anything. I've done several other Potion crafting Writs this one is just tripping me up for some reason.

In fact this is the first time I've posted asking for help EVER and I'm a day-one player. So, thanks for nothing.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only 2 reagents with Creeping Ravage Health (fleshfly larva & nightshade) so you know both of those need included. This only leaves you one other ingredient to identify...

edit: remove statement about "day one" after realizing I misunderstood and this isn't your first day in the game (God, I hope I can sleep soon......)
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 11, 2017 3:45PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    I can work with that. Thank you for the help. Hope you manage to get some rest.
    Edited by rmatthendrick on March 11, 2017 4:01PM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightshade, Stinkhorn, Fleshfly Larva

That should be it.

Could also try Emetic Russula, Nightshade, Fleshfly Larva if the above doesn't work.

Note, I had a problem making this as when you select the ingredients, it tells you the potion it's about to make and it doesn't say ravage stamina, it says something else about stamina (can't remember and not on PC), I just made it and the writ completed.

I got the info from here

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ravage_Health
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From our Alchemy Calculator there are two combinations that fulfill this:
    1. Emetic Russula + Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade
    2. Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade + Stinkhorn

You can change to poisons by using the solvent tab and choosing a poison solvent but it actually doesn't change anything. In fact for master writs it makes it more complicated as the writ refers to potion effects instead of poison effects so it makes it easier to keep the calculator in "potion" mode when find effects from master writs.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    From our Alchemy Calculator there are two combinations that fulfill this:
    1. Emetic Russula + Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade
    2. Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade + Stinkhorn

You can change to poisons by using the solvent tab and choosing a poison solvent but it actually doesn't change anything. In fact for master writs it makes it more complicated as the writ refers to potion effects instead of poison effects so it makes it easier to keep the calculator in "potion" mode when find effects from master writs.

Awesome! This worked, thank you!
  • rmatthendrick
    rmatthendrick
    ✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

That should be it.

Could also try Emetic Russula, Nightshade, Fleshfly Larva if the above doesn't work.

Note, I had a problem making this as when you select the ingredients, it tells you the potion it's about to make and it doesn't say ravage stamina, it says something else about stamina (can't remember and not on PC), I just made it and the writ completed.

I got the info from here

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ravage_Health

Thank you for the reply! "Emetic Russula, Nightshade, Fleshfly Larva" is the one that did it. Honestly, I don't know why this one was tripping me up so much. I just couldn't get the combination right, even with the calculator.
    Edited by rmatthendrick on March 12, 2017 12:36PM
  • anikaiful
    anikaiful
    Soul Shriven
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

That should be it.

Awshum! Thanks :smile:
  • KillahBrew
    My writ asked for damage health poison IX.
    With; fracture, enervation, damage health.

Nirnroot, stinkhorn, and torchbug thorax

You're welcome.
  • kiddafinlay
    kiddafinlay
    ✭✭
    thx
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    The above suggestions do not work for me. Mine is asking for

ravage Health
    ravage Magicka
    ravage Stamina
    any suggestions?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »

ravage Health
    ravage Magicka
    ravage Stamina
    any suggestions?

Could be out of Emetic Russula ... make sure you have these in inventory to craft.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »

ravage Health
    ravage Magicka
    ravage Stamina
    any suggestions?

Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Alchemy has added a section with solutions to all alchemical master writs. You're seeking the first answer it provides, Emetic Russula + Stinkhorn + Violet Coprinus, either in Alkahest (if poison) or Lorkhan's Tears (for Essence of).

And of course none of the previously listed solutions worked, they were for master writs seeking different effects! Astounded you even tried them...
    Edited by Tevalaur on June 26, 2017 6:40PM
  • Paladin_cash3
    Def buffed tool tip says increase Stam cost, but if completed writ
  • Paladin_cash3
    *bugged
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on March 18, 2019 2:10PM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed

Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on March 18, 2019 2:10PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Def buffed tool tip says increase Stam cost, but if completed writ

That's what Ravage Stamina does in poisons - it increases the cost of your opponent's stamina abilities.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ingredient tooltips generally show you what it will say on a potion, so the poisons will be worded a bit differently, because of the ways they are used. You consume the potion directly, and you apply the poisons to weapons.

For example, absorb and drain are the same thing from the two points of view. The result is the transfer from victim to you. His loss, your gain. So a potion says "absorb x" and the poison says "drain x".