The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing Campaigns - Unclear on Info

Vercingetorix
Vercingetorix
✭✭✭✭✭
Please help - even the wiki is unhelpful as no clear information seems to be posted anywhere on this situation. I'd like to switch my Home campaign and I don't want to pay AP or gold to do so. I don't mind waiting until the end of the current period, though. Can this be done?

The prompt only seems to be allowing me to pay with gold or AP, and there's no "wait til end" option that I can see, despite being told otherwise. If there's a solution, please let me know. Thanks!
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Best Answers

• Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok it's quite easy. Just hit L and choose the campaign you want to move to. Right click it and choose to move to that campaign. You'll be asked if want now or at end of current campaign. Make your choice and it's done.

If you read my post you'd have seen that I don't get that option when I select the campaign. I'm done looking for solutions. I'm closing this question thread.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Answer ✓
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a scary prompt and made to scare off campaign jumpers. Yes, you have to click on Join Now to get to the next prompt to select Wait till current campaign ends.

If your home campaign is 30 days and 22 days are left, well you gotta wait a long time.

I've never paid to switch campaigns since PS4 launch. I wait until it's over.

If I enter the home campaign again before it ends, I just make sure I re-select the new campaign before the current one ends to make sure the system does the switch.

Switching guest campaigns is free 3 days after the last time you entered the current guest campaign.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wait until my home campaign ends, then I DO NOT ENTER once it rolls over and the new campaign starts. The system then allows a switch without any gold cost or warning prompts.
    Answer ✓
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Please help - even the wiki is unhelpful as no clear information seems to be posted anywhere on this situation. I'd like to switch my Home campaign and I don't want to pay AP or gold to do so. I don't mind waiting until the end of the current period, though. Can this be done?

The prompt only seems to be allowing me to pay with gold or AP, and there's no "wait til end" option that I can see, despite being told otherwise. If there's a solution, please let me know. Thanks!

It's a good question. Does anyone know the answer? There's gotta be a way...
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. I think I may be wrong. But we have 2 options.

1. You can wait the campaign out. Until the very end. (Not 100% sure) then your free to switch

2. Or you could ask someone to pull you into a different campaign. (Must be outside of Cyrodiil if, another person on different alliance. Both of you 2 must be outside of Cyrodiil. In order to group then, leader join to campaign you want. If S/he has it.) Or if your on same alliance in Cyrodiil. Can ask someone there to pull you in to different campaign.

Please note. Might have to do this whole bunch of times. (If campaign is popular and or if you jump Campaigns) But when your original campaign finishes. You can make that campaign you visit, your home campaign.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on March 15, 2017 3:18PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Ps4, but its also kind of confusing.

My method is to make the desired campaign the guest, then make the guest the main when the current campaign ends.

You have to stay out of the campaign for 3 days I think, and that was for a week long one. Not sure if 30 day ones are different.

Before you lose 150k AP, try it out on an alt that has no AP to spend anyway to explore the options.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Ok it's quite easy. Just hit L and choose the campaign you want to move to. Right click it and choose to move to that campaign. You'll be asked if want now or at end of current campaign. Make your choice and it's done.