Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Guild Guidance for a new player

Ruthie129
Ruthie129
Hello fellow ESO Players,
I have reviewed the TOS and searched many other ares on this site, however; I have failed to find an answer to questions I have that concern making a Guild. Is it against any rule or policy to make an age restriction on a guild. For instance, if I only want to invite 25 year old people and up, will this be a problem? What if I invite only a certain time zone, such as EST? Also, would it be a issue with the developers of ESO if I want to exclude werewolves and vampire's from my Guild? Please be nice. Thanks
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Do whatever you want with your guild, you can choose to exclude or include whomever you want.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Na I don't think so.
    There are different guild with all kinds of restrictions.
    I've seen guilds advertise in the Guild Recruitment section with all of those restrictions.
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are guilds for werewolves and vampires only. So that should be no problem. The question is: do you want to have such restrictions? Because some players wan to try to be a werewolve or vampire just for the fun of it. That could cause more fluctuations of the number of your members than you might want to have.
    Age restriction in other games is quite common, too.
  • Ruthie129
    Ruthie129
    Thanks for your input, you have been quite helpful during the planning stages of my Guild.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your examples sound fine, but there are other similar examples that would not be okay. If restrictions began to feel like discrimination or bullying in any way, ZOS would rightfully clamp down. This would include restrictions or stated preference of gender, race, religion, etc.

Secondly, be considerate of how you phrase restrictions in forums or in game. People can get sensitive. If you want an age restriction, when advertising politely point out why. "We're a group of mature, laid back gamers and would like to keep the guild primarily 25+ year olds."

Third, think your restrictions through. Why no vampires or werewolves? What purpose does that serve? I have ten characters. One is a werewolf, and one is a vampire. It is really hard to build and maintain an active guild roster...do you really want to eliminate potential guild members over trivialities?

Building and running a guild is a lot of work. I've done it before. My advice is to concentrate on what services you do want to offer and what niche you want to fill. If you want to build a guild for older gamers who want to run trials, that can work. If you want to be a bossypants guild master that adds a bunch of unnecessary rules, your guild will drop to sixty totsllyminactive members and you'll have a store and bank all to yourself, lol.
  • Ruthie129
    Ruthie129
    Thanks for all the great input. I made my new Guild this morning, here is the advertisement :smile:

INTRODUCING - A FREE Guild: The Elder Scrolls Troll Tossers:
    An invitation is extended to any Level, any Race, any Alliance for ESO players age 18 years & up.
    A MUST have is Discord Voice used for Chat during group events.
    We are searching for Mature, Easy Going, Friendly, Creative and Fun Loving people, who are on the NA/PC server and favor actively playing in ESO between the hours of 9 AM to 9 PM EST!
    We engage in PvE (no PvP yet), Dungeons, World Bosses, Delves, Questing, Gathering, Dolmen's, Fishing, Exploring and light RolePlay.
    If you delight in making new online friends & being social, come join and play with us.
    Please send me a Private "whisper" to be considered for an invite to TESTTers Guild.
    Edited by Ruthie129 on March 11, 2017 9:06PM