Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Supplies

CherishTheMomnt
CherishTheMomnt
Soul Shriven
Anyone know any places filled with Iron, Maple, Jute, etc?
Im a level 8 High Elf and have quite a bit now just by wandering around Auridon. Mainly concentrated on crafting better armour.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the change to bring zones in line with each other, Auridon is about the worst zone to farm for mats. You can find them there, but with the lower amount of nodes and it being a "starter" zone, most people farm it.

In other words go to just about any other zone to farm for mats. Now, I will suggest Alikir Desert (seriously, it has tons of nodes) and Rivenspire as good places. Same with Deeshan and Shadowfen and East March. But, really, any zone but Auridon. For AD zones, Greehshade is good, Reapers March is decent, but most AD nodes are on the thin side of material nodes compared to others.

Note, Hews Bane is offering Double output on nodes for the next two weeks, which ironically means all other zones are better for farming.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note if your an AD Character, then use the Navigator NPCs on the Docks or in the towns for access to other zones and alliances (look for Anchors or Conestoga Wagons in your local map)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • CherishTheMomnt
    CherishTheMomnt
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for you're help Nestor! Ill do so soon as I am at work:P
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know any places filled with Iron, Maple, Jute, etc?
    Im a level 8 High Elf and have quite a bit now just by wandering around Auridon. Mainly concentrated on crafting better armour.
    Pack your bags. You're going back to Khenarthi's Roost. Select the Wayshrine that's in the center of the map, or in the "big" section of the island.

When you arrive, open your map. See the road that circles within the island? That's your new mat path. Either outside or inside the road, just keep going in circles. You'll pick up iron, jute, maple, and alchemy ingredients quickly. For ingredients, if you're doing provisioning, check the camps inside bags and crates.

Rinse and repeat until you have enough you're satisfied. :wink:

AD is notoriously difficult to get mats. Auridon is nice and peaceful now, but as soon as you get to Greenshade, Malabal Tor, and Grahtwood, you had best have some keen vision because foliage is dense in these areas, making it hard to spot mats.

I highly suggest you put one skill point into Clothing: Keen Eye. Jute is easy to spot because it's a tall plant, but beyond that, most plants are at ground level, making them impossible to see in AD. This little helper will make it easier to spot them. You don't need to do the other mats, because they're usually easy to find once you know ores are near hills and wood is usually next to a tree.

Runestones glow, so they're the best to spot.

If you intend to do writs, Khenarthi's Roost is going to be your best friend. You can easily pick up mats within 30 minutes to complete writs.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might also help to explain how nodes spawn since One Tamriel. In the "old days," different zones had different level nodes...iron in Auridon, steel in grahtwood, orichalum in greenshade, etc. Now the system looks at your specific character to decide what spawns for smith, cloth and wood (and to some extent enchanting).

Anywhere you go, any given node can spawn as two different possible materials. The first will be based off that character's primary level. If you're level 1-15, iron will spawn. Once you hit level 16 you'll see steel start to appear. The second possible material is based off your rank in that trade skill. Rank is determined by how many points you've spent in the first passive in that skill line. If you've spent no points in smithing, and can only make iron items, iron nodes will appear. If you grind smithing and spend nine points to max it, rubedite will appear.

Roughly half the nodes will be based on player level, and half on skill line rank.

Tips:

- if you're going to craft your own armor, keep your skill line ranks around or slightly above your level. This will help you farm mats you need right now, as well as ones you'll need for your next set of armor.

- daily writs are determined by your rank too. This decides what materials you use to make required items, and where you need to drop them off. Keeping your rank the same amongst different skill lines helps keep the writs all the same place.

- if for some reason you want to farm mats under your character's level (i.e., you want to build up a bank for future toons), managing your skill line rank is the way to do it. If you ever outlevel the mats you want, you can respec your skill points and reset them to get the nodes you're looking for. It's unlikely you'll ever need this, but the option is there.

Farm routes:

note that you can free travel to any online member of any guild you belong to by going into the roster, finding an online member and selecting travel to. Feel free to open wayshrines the old fashioned way, but if you want to speed things up join a guild and do it this way.

A good farm route provides a range of nodes, then also something valuable. Some suggestions:

Upper craglorn, dragon star aaaaaaall the way across to the eastern anomalies. Wide variety of nodes, each has 1 in 200 chance of dropping nirncrux, a very valuable mat.

Gold Coast and Hew's Bane. If you have access to the DLCs, these zones are small and packed with nodes.

The Rift, up and down the waterways. There's an average number of nodes, but you find nirn root on the water. This has become very valuable...500-1000 gold each in guild stores. Any long stretch of water is basically the same...nirn is a good way for a yong player to start building a bank. It's so rare right now I don't think you even need to join a guild...just zone chat "100 nirn root, $50,000" and you'll get a buyer.

Central glenumbra: when there aren't a lot of players, this area is node heaven for some reason.

Alikr desert: average nodes, no special mats, but if you're unfamiliar with what nodes look like this can be a good training ground. The desert is flat and sandy, so everything stands out.