The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should jumping around cost stamina

Unfadingsilence
Unfadingsilence
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the cost of stamina in the game from abilities to running, walking in sneak and Dodge rolling should jumping also cost stamina
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :unamused: Definitely a no.
    Edited by andreasranasen on March 9, 2017 8:07AM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because why not since the put limits on everything else why not put a limit on jumping
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it did, I do, don't even know why lol. Not as bad as some mind, bunch of boxing hares the lot of them.
    I imagine it's so ingrained in some players muscle memory/ rhythm by now it would cause a universal meltdown.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the cost of stamina in the game from abilities to running, walking in sneak and Dodge rolling should jumping also cost stamina

All those can have an affect on gameplay and fights. Jumping just gets you over that stick in the road you keep getting stuck on.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

All those can have an affect on gameplay and fights. Jumping just gets you over that stick in the road you keep getting stuck on.

I under stand that but what about in pvp when all you have is someone jumping all over the place back and forth ppl use that to also have an affect on game play as well
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I under stand that but what about in pvp when all you have is someone jumping all over the place back and forth ppl use that to also have an affect on game play as well

Well that achieves nothing.

They jump, it doesn't really help much.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say no, although it would stop bunny hopping I guess.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone bunny hopped over your beast trap?^^
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave my bunny jumping sorc out of this it's already a dying class.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No :|
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!

Definitely yes!

And then an "athleticism" world skill line (like Legerdemain) that migrates sprinting and jumping and swimming costs...

What you say?

Swimming costs no stamina?

But it Should! Just like jumping!

And it should be affected by your gear... get a speed reduction and stamina cost increase for every piece of armor you wear. Say... a 3% penalty for each piece of light armor, 6% for medium armor, and 15% for heavy armor. And maybe a flat 20% bonus if stripping off your armor altogether.

And possibly even an completely new athletic thing to be added... climbing!
    Yes, I think we should be able to scale walls and such like Quen does in the Thieves Guild missions. There should be climbing, not just fade out, appear on top of rope/vine/whatever, but actual climbing on some selected surfaces. Cliff climbing. Wall climbing. Rope climbing. whatever... again, with a stamina cost, armor penalties, and al athleeticism perk that migrates those.
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »

Sorc is a dying class... LOL!

Edit: Also, I would say no to a stamina cost for jumping.
    Edited by Cimadon on March 9, 2017 9:24AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should, yes.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irl it would drain stamina . Ever jump rope ? That is so hard to keep doing .
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭

If you bring real life into the logic, the game falls apart. ;-)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cimadon wrote: »

If you bring real life into the logic, the game falls apart. ;-)

I know . Just reminded me of that one day I tried to work out an got stomach cramps .
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well replace all stamina skills with magicka skills. Magicka for skills, stamina for all the "f*** this sh*t I'm out" escapes.
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Just no!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope. i need it on my mag sorc- i know its annoying but it helps my rhythm for some reason as I'm timing my curses.
  • GoldParadox
    GoldParadox
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping doesn't give you a dodge chance, it doesn't give you anything in fact. If it gave us a chance to dodge an incoming attack, then I would understand the cost of stamina. It's like saying "Walking should cost stamina"

Dodge roll --> chance to dodge an attack
    Running --> speed to escape an attack, get out of range of it
    Sneaking --> Obviously it gives you sneak so you don't get attacked

Jumping --> ???? (hint: nothing)
    GoldParadox
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    Founder of the Red Crescent Clan
    Ethan Maxwell | CP 690+ Nord Stamina Nightblade
    Flawless Conqueror, Emperor
    ➳Core DPS Raider / Healer
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all terrible ideas suggested here, this one gets the trophy
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »

Where is the LOL button?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want jumping to cost Stamina, then summoning your mount should cost Magicka. :p
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way of the Rabbit 5 pc "When you jump gain1 potato. Stacks 600 times."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    If you want jumping to cost Stamina, then summoning your mount should cost Magicka. :p

Tea bagging should cost stamina . Squats are tough , I always skip leg day .
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, standard movement should not cost stamina. The current system works fine where you only pay stamina to boost your movement speed.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    I wish it did, I do, don't even know why lol. Not as bad as some mind, bunch of boxing hares the lot of them.
    I imagine it's so ingrained in some players muscle memory/ rhythm by now it would cause a universal meltdown.

Those are people from COD, avoid being targeted... Mac...*cought*...ro... *cough*....

They normally can do "amazing" things.... If you know what i mean...
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!

Definitely yes!

And then an "athleticism" world skill line (like Legerdemain) that migrates sprinting and jumping and swimming costs...

What you say?

Swimming costs no stamina?

But it Should! Just like jumping!

And it should be affected by your gear... get a speed reduction and stamina cost increase for every piece of armor you wear. Say... a 3% penalty for each piece of light armor, 6% for medium armor, and 15% for heavy armor. And maybe a flat 20% bonus if stripping off your armor altogether.

And possibly even an completely new athletic thing to be added... climbing!
    Yes, I think we should be able to scale walls and such like Quen does in the Thieves Guild missions. There should be climbing, not just fade out, appear on top of rope/vine/whatever, but actual climbing on some selected surfaces. Cliff climbing. Wall climbing. Rope climbing. whatever... again, with a stamina cost, armor penalties, and al athleeticism perk that migrates those.

Also, have your character's weight and size factor in. Make it so food and drink add calories. Add a system where we need to keep in shape to wear our gear.

Also, aging.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont forget to add cost penalty like in dodge, streak where cost is 50% more for jumping more than once within 4 seconds