Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where should my crafter live?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please help me choose a home for my crafter. I could figure this out myself eventually but it would be much faster with the help of people who know Tamriel's cities better than I do.

I'm looking for a small or medium (small preferably) house next to or in a town with:
  • Crafting stations
  • Writ boards
  • A bank
  • Preferably a stable, but that's not essential

Alliance doesn't matter.

Which houses match those requirements?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snugpod (small bosmer) is near Elden Root, so you can find everything there.

Cliffshade (medium altmer) is near Marbruk, which has everything (though I'm not sure about writs).

Sleek Creek House (medium khajiit) is near Rawl'kha, which is nice and compact.

There's an inn room in Mournhold (in the Flamming Nix). There's another house just outside Mournhold, but it's a large house.

Captain Maurgaux's place (small breton) is in Daggerfall, which has everything.

Grymharth's Woe (medium nord) in Windhelm should have everything you need, and it'd be perfect for making an inn.

House of the Silent Magnifico (medium redguard) is perfect if you want a house in the desert!
    Edited by MAEK on March 8, 2017 6:33PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Sleek Creek (medium) but if you want something small try Captain Margaux's Place in Daggerfall, Glenumbra. Writ boards, bank, and most crafting stations are steps from the front door, and other crafting stations and stable are also in town.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)

At the moment I'm leaning towards choosing Cliffshade, because I think it'd fit the character best. But it's good to know what the options are. I'd hate to buy a house that's ok and then realise there's one that would be perfect somewhere else.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose Cliffshade for that reason. It's immediately outside a town that has EVERYTHING ... every single crafting station, a bank, a fence (which is reachable from the house without passing any guards), a dye station, and a stables.