Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

"Heroic" personality... random screaming

Arato
Arato
✭✭✭✭✭
Why?

It doesn't fit into the context of when it happens.. it's not heroic to just randomly scream/yell/roar when you're just standing around at a bank, that's just crazy, not heroic.

I like the cocky idle pose and the strutting walk, but I can't deal with the random yelling.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your boots for rocks?
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I prefer the Idle Animations add-on . You can choose which emotes you want the characters to perform .
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you, OP. Personally, I think ZoS should revise on the personality as Heroic doesn't mean being crazy.

WTB updated Thesaurus for ZoS.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it my character has let out some screams at some very funny times. But I get what your saying a Heroic character should be a little more refined :)
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 8, 2017 3:09AM
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, there's just no personalities fitting for a mage. If it wasn't for the random crazy fits Heroic would fit my sorc just because he's an Altmer, but yeah... terrible temper tantrums don't fit.

Commander just looks janky the way they come to parade rest after stopping running. Just an unnatural transition animation.
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it my character has let out some screams at some very funny times. But I get what your saying a Heroic character should be a little more refined :)

Not necessarily refined, I mean the cocky head tilted upward stance and a little bit of swagger to the walk is fitting. Just not the random fits.
    Options
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. He's confident, exuberant, stands like he's got swager for days, and randomly yells as loud as he can so everyone knows he's one bad mother.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vid? I haven't heard this yet
    Options
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're -- AAAAAAAAAAUGH -- talking about. It seems -- YAAAAAAAAAAA-HA-HA -- okay to me.
    Options
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Random yelling is manly, I like it. Best thing till they add a Stud Personality with random flexing and shouting.
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random yelling is manly, I like it. Best thing till they add a Stud Personality with random flexing and shouting.
    @wolfdoggie_ESO
    And maybe put in bad acting as one of the emotes to Stud?
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Options
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @wolfdoggie_ESO

I don't get it.
    Options
  • Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭
    I have been startled several times by my toon when he decides to be "heroic" :o ......mostly when reading books, i guess he doesn't want me reading :#
    Options
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all heroism is about stabbing dragons.

Sometimes heroism is about making a large donation to that struggling guild, just trying to get a trader.

And how will people know you made said donation unless you scream about it when it's done?
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
    Options
  • Ferretstalker
    Ferretstalker
    ✭✭✭
    Fits my orc well enough.

I think it's more for an "undaunted" type, honestly. A strong fighter full of bravado and not afraid to let the world know "I'm a friggin bad mother, my dudes"
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wolfdoggie_ESO

I don't get it.
    @wolfdoggie_ESO
    I'm sorry. The dirty side of my mind got to me. Seeing stud and doggie (from your name) in the same post automatically reminded me of my younger days of high spikes of teen hormones.
    Nevermind. Carry on good sir.
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heroics remind me about 13 years old boys trying to puff their chests and then the screams fit in as sudden teenager angst fits.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never mind
    Edited by max_only on March 8, 2017 8:34AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Why?

It doesn't fit into the context of when it happens.. it's not heroic to just randomly scream/yell/roar when you're just standing around at a bank, that's just crazy, not heroic.

I like the cocky idle pose and the strutting walk, but I can't deal with the random yelling.
    No.

It's a bellow displaying bravado.

It's good just the way it is.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • Coakknows
    Coakknows
    ✭✭
    Oh, so it's not just me!

I found the random yelling really annoying so de-actvated that personality. A shame to do so just because of the stupid yelling.

It did't seem 'heroic' to yell like that.
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are only 2 personalities that are not utter crap. One is cheerful, other is furious. From what I saw, all others have some major flaw or are just plain stupid.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    There are only 2 personalities that are not utter crap. One is cheerful, other is furious. From what I saw, all others have some major flaw or are just plain stupid.

These are the two I use. I agree about the others. We need more personalities that don't exhibit some latent neurological condition.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso Uninstalled
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's wrong with duchess?

I use commander, and the walk is a bit silly - but who walks anywhere in this game?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    Have disable this things, annoys me.
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)
    Options
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rp a character who has Tourette's....if your character is so bad-asss and seen many battles, a little vocal tic is probally to be expected :)
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

What's wrong with duchess?

I use commander, and the walk is a bit silly - but who walks anywhere in this game?

Duchess is really over the top. It is almost painful to watch. I'd like to use that one, but it is just too much.

With Commander, the walk is more of a problem than just being silly. It is half of the personality, and if you are running, you don't even see it.

Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Duchess is really over the top. It is almost painful to watch. I'd like to use that one, but it is just too much.

That's a shame, I was thinking about buying it for char #2. :-(
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

That's a shame, I was thinking about buying it for char #2. :-(

Don't let that stop you from buying it, if you like the preview in the Crown Store. I am more picky on this than average, I suspect.

Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tourette syndrome finally gets empowered in ESO. Ha ha
    Options