Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Looking for Guild Trader to level Provisioning from Level 8 to 30 tonight - XBOX NA Server

NoaKenobi
NoaKenobi
Soul Shriven
So I'm a relatively new player, seeking to level up my Provisioning. It seems the easiest way is to buy recipes/ingredients from Guild Traders.

My own guild is still on the smaller side, so I thought I'd ask this here to see if anyone can direct me where to go for a decent deal on ingredients and recipes to get me from level 8 up to level 30 (at least for now, I bought backpack space last night so I'm lower on gold than I'd like to be to jump all the way to 50).

I'm on the XBOX NA megaserver. I'm in the aldmeri dominion. I'm level 29 (sorcerer, not that it matters for this).

Many of the guild traders I've visited have mainly CP level recipes and ingredients, and I'm looking for ingredients and recipes to take me from level 8 to level 30.

If anyone has a guild trader that can help me out, can you tell me what city it is in? Or any other key details I don't know to ask as a semi-noob. (Today is Day 14 since I started ESO.) I'll be grocery shopping tonight. :)

I will come back for more business once I accumulate gold, and am ready to go the rest of the way to Level 50.

Please let me know if you can help?
"Let me guess... someone stole your lightsaber."
XBOX EOS player since Feb2017
Noa Kenobi
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoaKenobi wrote: »
    So I'm a relatively new player, seeking to level up my Provisioning. It seems the easiest way is to buy recipes/ingredients from Guild Traders.
    At level 29, are you capable of unlocking the skills for provisioning? It wouldn't be helpful if you have all the stuff you need and can't craft them due to the lack of Skyshards.

Regardless, I can offer assistance. I'm currently in Stonefalls, but I can easily meet in my homeland of Auridon.
    I have plenty of the harder-to-find ingredients which is nice for blue/purple recipe crafting. Sadly, I carry no ingredients for gold level recipes.

If you're low on gold, I'll gladly trade for mats. Mat level is no concern of mine, so if you have spare ores, woods, etc, I'll gladly accept them (especially since I can no longer get them myself).

If the ingredients you seek are very common and you don't want to do the leg work, I won't mind throwing you a few at no charge during a trade, such as seasoning, poultry, and fish, to name a few.

Unfortunately, I do not carry additional recipes due to space constraints, so if ingredients are good enough, note my gamertag and we can meet up this evening for trading. Either send me a message in game or XB1.

I'll be online around 7pm EST.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling provision is pretty easy, but the trick is getting ingredients. Here's the strategy I use leveling any of my toons (they all do writs:

- have 3-6 skill points at the ready.

- Have a rank 1, 2, 3 and 4 recipe. Ranks are listed on the recipes. Note that recipe rank is not the same as the level of food produced. Each rank has a few levels in it, and you get more xp from higher level recipes, so you want to find recipes for level 15, 25, 35 and 45 in each rank if you can.

- have enough ingredients for making about 50-100 of each recipe.

- buying recipes should be easy. You want green ones...blues aren't more efficient. You shouldn't have to spend more than a few hundred per recipe.

- procuring ingredients is tough. The best guild stores are in Wayrest, mounrhold, Elden root and rawlkha. It might still be tough to find stacks of ingredients. You might need to run around a bit to find recipes and ingredients that match...ugh.

- once you have your items, grind the items. Spend a skill point when you can to increase your rank and move to the next highest recipe.

Tips:

It's hardest on your first toon because of the stupid craft bags causing no one to list ingredients any more. But once you level a little you can spend on hirelings, which deliver 20-60 ingredients every time you log in. So it's pretty easy to build up a pantry for future leveling.

Hirelings will also bring you the purple mats you need to make purple food and drink. As will higher level provisioning writs.