Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Edition Steam

Addicted
Addicted
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

I´m having an existing ESO Account without Steam and without any DLCs.
Now i want to buy the Gold Edition of ESO on Steam.

Can i connect my existing Non-Steam-Account with my new Steam Gold Edition version after i bought it?

Did somebody succesfully connect his Non-Steam Account with his new Steam Gold Edition version?

Thanks for help
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can't connect non-steam accounts to games purchased on Steam.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Addicted
    Addicted
    Soul Shriven
    Turelus wrote: »
    No, you can't connect non-steam accounts to games purchased on Steam.

HOW DO I LINK MY NEW STEAM VERSION OF THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE TO MY EXISTING ESO ACCOUNT?
    Updated 11/09/2016 03:17 PM Published 10/31/2016 02:16 PM
    If you have purchased The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam and want to link your Steam account to your ESO account, follow the process below:

Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
    Launch The Elder Scrolls Online from your Steam Library list.
    If not yet installed, you should click the Install button and allow the process to complete, then click Play.
    Allow the ESO Launcher to completely patch and select Play.
    From the in-game login screen, select the “I have an existing PC/Mac Elder Scrolls Online account” checkbox.
    Input your ESO UserID and password and select Login.
    Select Accept on the link confirmation window.
    Your Steam account will now be linked with your ESO account! You can now log into the game and play by simply launching the game from your Steam Library.

Note: If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

so i think something different is explained here or do i understand it in a wrong way?
    and does it work with the gold version?

Edited by Addicted on March 7, 2017 11:00AM