Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

COMBAT PETS

RAFEBLACK
RAFEBLACK
it would really be great if our characters could have combat pets! Pets that actually assist you in battle instead of just standing there doing nothing. One of my guys has a nix hound, it would be great if that nix hound helped fight. Also those war dogs? they should be fighting to help their masters in battle.
  • Indigochild3rdi
    Indigochild3rdi
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. There's dozens of pets an for some reason none are capable of battle? You can have a pet panther and all it does is look pretty. Makes no sense
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Sorcerer pets?
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Indigochild3rdi
    Indigochild3rdi
    ✭✭✭
    But having combat pets could also make one of the sorcerer lines completely irrelevant so they don't want to make pets able to do combat.
  • RAFEBLACK
    RAFEBLACK
    yep lol, sorcerer pets like a skel? a zombie? would be awesome!
  • RAFEBLACK
    RAFEBLACK
    well they could make the pet attacks very weak
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Sorcerer pets?

This.
    OP, I see what you're getting at but if you want combat pets play a sorc.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't everyone's pet attacking also put a lot more strain on the severs? More calculations and all. I would love my little mud crab to nip things and all but the zones are already laggy as hell at times.
  • RAFEBLACK
    RAFEBLACK
    they would have to limit it, but definitely when you out on your own you should be able to use them
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and my Kindlespit Dragon Frog should be on a third bar (like Overload) ... with Inferno and Lava Whip.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they made every pet do the same damage and have the same abilities people would cry pay-to-win, since there so many awesome pets on the Crown Store.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Sorcerer, upcoming Warden, the Nightblades can make shades. Not a huge variety, but it's slowly (slowly) improving. :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ...Sorcerer pets?

But they take 2 skill slots. :(
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You want pets that fight, play a sorc or warden.
    ...Sorcerer pets?

But they take 2 skill slots. :(

And with good reason
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Sorcerer pets?

Actual pets, not summoned daedra. Do you know what a Senche could do if it got you by the throat?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that with so many pets coming from the crown store, and only couple that are earned.
    It begins to sound like pay to win.
  • Supersuperguy
    Supersuperguy
    ✭✭
    Keep in mind they will have to make battle animations for the pets.

The dumbest and most comical thing about the game is pets. It is hard to take ESO seriously in that regard. What tiger is so well behaved that they stand there and watch two wolves in action without attacking or at least eating their owner. There needs to be some sort of battle tactic associated with them. Halved the damage of the Warden, but to have this.....

e9ae610fd85652c14c99d9699ed2e2d1.jpg

Just stand idle, are you kidding me?

16c937bbb534b7e1c9b68b27cff8a8cf.jpg

War dogs? What war are there fighting? A mental war of how to sit idle and not attack like a war dog would?

d41cd329f315f622d62ce24367f7f163.jpg

Can a dev please talk to me? I am just curious, how is this logical? What is the reasoning behind war dogs that do not go to war?

Has a dev ever responded to these request/questions? It really makes no sense for a tiger to stand idle as you get attacked. It is not even about combat pets, it is about logic, it is ridiculous tbh. These pets should attack.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a terrible idea we already have combat pets it's called Sorc.

I sincerely think you just say whatever is on your mind without thinking it through at all, that's the only way something so dumb could come up.
  • Supersuperguy
    Supersuperguy
    ✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Just a terrible idea we already have combat pets it's called Sorc.

I sincerely think you just say whatever is on your mind without thinking it through at all, that's the only way something so dumb could come up.

I am certain the OP knows there are pet classes which is why he referenced war dogs and nix hounds. I think it is an awesome idea.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ...Sorcerer pets?

Actual pets, not summoned daedra. Do you know what a Senche could do if it got you by the throat?

Well they could sell skins to the existing class pets, like the Warden's bear. I would trade my Twilight for a Harpy so fast, you have no idea.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ...Sorcerer pets?

Well they could sell skins to the existing class pets, like the Warden's bear. I would trade my Twilight for a Harpy so fast, you have no idea.

Yes, Skins for the current pets would be cool.

But adding combat pets for everyone is a bad idea in my opinion and honestly i don't think it will ever happen. If they ever did then everyone and i mean everyone would be running around with a damn pet. It would be an entirely different game...
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...And why is this old post even being brought back up? Its from March and the OP haven't even been on since beginning of May.

Edited by Bryong9ub17_ESO on June 9, 2017 12:59AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather not tread down that road. But if ever it were to come to pass, just have them deal as much damage as the Young Wasp (temporary) pet that you get from the larval injection bursting via a yellow wasp. (500 damage every 2 seconds)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dumbest and most comical thing about the game is pets. It is hard to take ESO seriously in that regard. What tiger is so well behaved that they stand there and watch two wolves in action without attacking or at least eating their owner. There needs to be some sort of battle tactic associated with them. Halved the damage of the Warden, but to have this.....

War dogs? What war are there fighting? A mental war of how to sit idle and not attack like a war dog would?

Can a dev please talk to me? I am just curious, how is this logical? What is the reasoning behind war dogs that do not go to war?

Has a dev ever responded to these request/questions? It really makes no sense for a tiger to stand idle as you get attacked. It is not even about combat pets, it is about logic, it is ridiculous tbh. These pets should attack.

Thanks for the necro!

Also, if it doesn't make immersive sense to you... don't use pets!

Dogs fighting... maybe t brings out "those people" who will claim it encourages "the children" to normalize dogfighting. Some senches are super lazy and are just oversized lap cats. Some are actually Khajiit born under a different moon. No one I know who owns a pet lizard wants it to fight, but they'd love to be able to go shopping with their little bearded dragon on their shoulder.

There you go! Logic and answers. o:)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... and my Kindlespit Dragon Frog should be on a third bar (like Overload) ... with Inferno and Lava Whip.

Also, Wipe Jaw, Cook Bug, and Eat Meal.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much as having a pet is nice when you are ambling along exploring it would be nice to see some pet behaviours that were more suited to the pet. Even if they did no damage at all.

That said, I'd be happier, as someone who is killed more often by lag than anything else, if pets automatically vanished as soon as combat is engaged. Think of it as the cowardly wee beggars running off to hide. If your horse can vanish so should they. Anything please to cut down on crash causing lag in combat.

Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for it .... Spellcrafting.
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on June 9, 2017 8:56AM
  • Supersuperguy
    Supersuperguy
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Thanks for the necro!

Also, if it doesn't make immersive sense to you... don't use pets!

Dogs fighting... maybe t brings out "those people" who will claim it encourages "the children" to normalize dogfighting. Some senches are super lazy and are just oversized lap cats. Some are actually Khajiit born under a different moon. No one I know who owns a pet lizard wants it to fight, but they'd love to be able to go shopping with their little bearded dragon on their shoulder.

There you go! Logic and answers. o:)

Missed the point

Logically, I don't care if you use them, sleep with them, never heard of them, or don't use them, it makes zero sense for a dog to be deemed a war dog and does not go to war. Regardless if I use them or not, the logic makes zero sense, which was my point.

It is the general principle, nothing to do with playablity. I even said it is not about combat pets, but the Principle of the matter. These silly pets are everywhere, following people around as they get pounded. There is no escaping the lack of logic, because other people will have them. You dont need to play them to experience the lack of immersion.

Yo, why is your tiger letting you get your butt kicked? Why isn't he even in a snarling stance?

A lot of money can be made re skinning these as combat pets, there for fodder damage or solo play. You are looking at this as a player, me? I have been around the mmo track for quite some time now, from a business stand point, keep vanity, introduce more expensive versions deemed combat pets.

I really don't even play this game that much. However, they are leaving money on the table with only vanity pets. Many will buy combat pets. Either way, does not matter to me, ESO is further down my mmo rotation.

You say dont use the pets?

I rarely use the game, just giving my opinion on this subject having played numerous mmo. That is all.
    Edited by Supersuperguy on June 17, 2017 3:24PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could always add a pet skill line to the world tree skills make it have some basic combat pets and passives but tone it back so it doesnt out do sorc or warden pets to an extreme. Heck make ot stamina based like fighters guild.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Combat Pets become a thing I would definitely have Beetle Scuttle and Shalk just because of their abilities. Beetle Scuttle can teleport and Shalk have fire bite.