The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Way to see how much memory each addon is using?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
Is there any way to track this? Seems like I have a memory leak, trying to track it down.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Task manager would show you wouldn't it, under the services tab or something.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »

I think they mean individual memory consumed by each of the dozens of add-ons... this would be handy!

Maybe an extension to: Shissu's LUA Memory ?
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »

I think they mean individual memory consumed by each of the dozens of add-ons... this would be handy!

Maybe an extension to: Shissu's LUA Memory ?

yes exactly =)
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, given the current architecture and API this is impossible (or very close to it). There is the LUA function
    collectgarbage("count")

which gives you some idea of the overall memory usage. You can combine this with the
    EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED (integer eventCode,string addonName)

event however the data you get doesn't seem to make any sense based on either the size of the addon on disk or how much memory it actually uses. This event is called for each addon loaded but the memory usage between calls is all over the place and doesn't seem to related to actual memory usage of the addon.

If the addon stored everything in one root variable then you could estimate the memory used by iterating through objects and manually counting but this wouldn't include any locally defined variables.

Note that the VotansSettingMenu and other memory related addons are just using this overall memory usage and the current max memory usage setting.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on March 7, 2017 6:17PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, i'll check it out!