The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Started Dark Brotherhood

Appleblade
Appleblade
✭✭✭✭✭
So I'm I Kvatch to take out a target. Look around. No guards nearby. Isolated. Take down target with blade of woe.

Boom. A guard is immediately hitting me like he just dropped out of the sky. WTF. O.o On the plus side, I managed my first escape from a guard on this character for the achievement. :)

I go back in later and other players are slaughtering the whole town and the guards are just derping around blind to it all.

I guess I'm not getting the stealth rules in ESO. I also seem to get caught a lot in restricted areas even though there was no line of sight. I dunno... I just did successful stealth runs of Deus Ex and Dishonored, so maybe I'm expecting the wrong mechanics here.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just me? Oh well.

I guess my character just isn't stealthy or something. I get spotted behind large crates in total darkness. I take out key NPCs in a certain order only to have them respawn right in front if me. Respawns in a private instance? That eliminates a key element of typical stealth gameplay.

I'll just go in blasting, I guess.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you using the Blade of Woe to kill? Likely to get spotted if you don't do an instant kill.

Do you see HIDDEN on the target reticle? If not, you are not hidden.

Are there other NPC in the area? If they don't have their back to you, you may be visible to them. LOS is key here.

Are you using any of the stealth reduction passives? Check medium armor passives, some racial passives. 3 pieces of Night Terror set reduces stealth radius.

Using combinations of the above, I can run past NPC in all but narrowest halls. If I get caught, it's usually carelessness.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not a stealthy character. Light armor magika. Invisibility potions are helping. I might make some medium boots and headgear to level up medium.

Yes, using blade of woe. Cripes, who wouldn't? :smiley:

I think I'm just expecting it to work too much like the other games I mentioned. I keep trying to use darkness and random objects for cover and it doesn't work.

The respawning enemies are definitely an error, though. My favorite part of this type of gameplay is figuring out the patterns. I've taken out an NPC and as I'm watching the next, the one I just killed reappears in my face.Honestly, if they just got rid of that, I'd be fine with the rest if it.

So, I think I'll just do these missions MY WAY!!!!!

https://youtu.be/TDJDd32fGgE?t=45s

And finance the bounties with stolen goods. Hey, synergy! If Sithis doesn't like it he can kiss my glorious lightning goddess ass.
    Edited by Appleblade on March 9, 2017 4:44AM