Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Console Housing Editor-Cannot move certain purchased items

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
I put up a large banner in my house but messed up the location. Now I cannot highlight the same banner to move or put it away. I can still highlight and move other items such as plants and lights. The large banner was purchased in the sewers. I find it hard to believe they would make a 'one shot' type item, wherever you place it once is where it stays.

Anyone else come across similar issues? Advice on how to move or remove the housing item?

The housing editor is very very difficult to use on console. Especially when you are trying to place items on walls, the depth perception controls "push away, pull, etc" are weird. I can never tell if the item is lined up properly so it's not hovering a few inches away from the wall or if its half sunken into the wall.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    When you're in the Housing Editor, use the R1 button to move to the "Retrieve Items" menu.

It'll include a list of all items placed in the house you're currently in and even includes approximate distance from where you're standing, in case you have more than one of that item (or don't recell the name of it).

I've had to use this MANY times myself! :smile:

Good luck!

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD