Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PVE Adventure gear...

doggie
doggie
✭✭✭
I reached cp 160 today, I play Tank as main role in group, but I'm working on a gear set for Solo Adventure, Maelstrom Arena, Farming, PvE. No PvP, dungeons, or trials.

I play a Imperial DK, and using DualWield for DPS.

NMG - Night mother Gaze
Briarheart

7xMedium (Don't have Undaunted)
Head       - ??? - Divines - Medium - Stamina
Shoulders  - ??? - Divines - Medium - Stamina
Chest      - NMG - Divines - Medium - Stamina
Legs       - NMG - Divines - Medium - Stamina
Gloves     - NMG - Divines - Medium - Stamina
Boots      - Briar-Divines - Medium - Stamina
Belt       - Briar-Divines - Medium - Stamina

jewlery    - Briarheart - Robust - Weapon damage

Weapon One - NMG   - Sharpened - 
Weapon One - NMG   - Sharpened -

**This is what I've come up with so far, Do you guys think this will work for example in vMA? Just talking completing the thing for a shot at weapons for example.

Few things I wonder about, what Monster set should I be using, and should I go 2x Daggers, or 1xDagger and 1xAxe? What enchants should I use on weapons?

Any better alternatives for this kind of activity?

Edited by doggie on March 6, 2017 12:19PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right that it's a good idea to have a "general" set for vets, especially DKs. Ramp up that damage for easier content so it's not a total snore, lol.

One change I'd make is swapping Hundings Rage for Night Mother. NM is great in group play where multiple allies can take advantage of the enemy debuff, but in solo play Hundings way outperforms with its flat 300 weapon damage. The 2-4 piece buffs are identical.

I love Briar Hearts. I have a stamblade and stamplar in it. It's a great secondary set if you have it lying around, but I'm not convinced it's the best set for a DK. I doubt you need the health from it, and I wonder if your crit rating is high enough to maximize it. You want your crit to be over 75% to really take advantage of it. Or use caltrops, lol. Other damage sets that I suspect might work well are red mountain, ravager or seventh legion. But if you've managed to find robust Briar jewelry, by all means try it.

If making a crit build, two daggers will raise your rating. If not, you want two swords for 5% more damage. Don't mix weapons and pass up the powerful last passive in dual.

Sharpened is commonly accepted as the best weapon trait currently. Divines is accepted as the best armor trait for pve. I mean, prosperous makes a play, but...

For weapon enchants, make sure to use two different enchants on dual. There's a cool down for any given enchant...using different allows two debuffs to run at the same time. Disease and poison are dps-ideal. You can flip one to stamina regen if you have resource trouble.

For the third supplemental set, you have some options. Some expert pve players go 5/4/3 with an agility set. I'm a bit skeptical of this, but it does allow you to take your pick of the 4 piece set to get the exact traits you want. Others go 5/5/2 with a monster helm. A DK needs dps help, so you want a set that procs well and dishes the damage. Velidreth strikes me as ideal...it destroys on my melee fighters. Kragh is a heck of a set too...that one piece buff is massive. Valkyn if you do enough DoT damage.

Hopefully this helps. The standard guides (alcast) usually advise starting stuff like trials and vmsa around 300 CPs. But you're an imperial DK. I'm not sure how that performs, but I know the ket will be getting your dps and regen up high enough to take things down fast enough. Good luck!
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107

Thx for reply, I've been busy working on some alternative Tanking set. But today I got around to check out this Adventure gear.

I now use 2x Kragh, 5xHundings, and 5xBriarheart. My previous adventure gear was Vampire's kiss + some random stuff, and that was only doing 7k dps single target, enough to get me around doing daily delve quests and even soloing Dolmens if needed. That 5k healing from Vampire is really nice.

However I struggled soloing bosses in Public Dungeons. Today I've been trying out the new setup in a public dungeon, although it's all only purple gear, I'm doing 15k DPS single target on a boss. The healing is really great. Several times a boss has done enough damage to get me loose 10k health and when Briar kicks in it really heals 10k health in a few seconds, because it heals 700 every critt and when you run 4-5 bleeds that can critt, I assume that's how it works.

All my champion points are in tanking, so don't get any dps from there. I find it too much work to keep switching all the time and too expensive, even changing mundus stones is quite a drag.
    Edited by doggie on March 15, 2017 11:55AM