Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

We need more complaints....

Versai
Versai
Soul Shriven
Mean I know its a forum and all, but people sure do like to complain. I know this more a rant than anything, but come on people really? So lets take a few of these most common complaints and evaluate their logic for (censored) and giggles.

1: Lets complain about downtime.
    So lets see, premium users sure, we'll say they have some sort of Legitimate complaint logically. They paid for their access to the server, they should have access too the game. Thats ignoring the Tos and whatever else they signed but lets just say they do for sake of argument here. For this example we'll pretend that its the default 15 dollars a month and that the game was down for an amazing 12 hours. So some math, everyone remembers math right? We'll say there are 30 days in a month, 24 hours in a day which brings us to 720 hours in a month. So billing at 15 dollars a month, that brings us to .02 cents an hour as to what you're actually paying to access this game, mean not that you're on 24 hours a day, but the service is there and its not Zos's fault that you're not after all. So If you really want your quarter that bad please keep complaining. I find it comical. Note: I too find it annoying when a game goes down, however it happens.

2: I spent too much money on crown crates I'ma cry.
    Ok, so how is this Zos's fault that you're a tool and spent all your money on crown crates? Confused me there, mean did they twist your arm by showing you some cool mount that you probably don't need? Just as with most things, one should research before they buy. There's various loads of information showing the drop rates are horrible so on so forth. If you're not ok with spending the money gambling for such things, pretty simple solution here. Don't do it, mean I know its hard but come on.

3: I'm gonna go cry me a river cause (pick any class) killed me in pvp.
    Lets just Nerf everything all the time, throw sticks and stones at each other sing koom by ya and eat smores. Cause ya know what, that is what you'll end up with if they listened to all the complaints when it comes to classes. Thats the issue with people these days, and mean sure there will always be some balancing work here and there, but God I'm sure glad its not the community doing the balancing my lord. If its not the nightblades being sneaky, its the over powered Ray of DOOM, If its not the Over powered Ray of Doom its that damned ICE SHARD!! Seriously people its pvp, you die, its ok. Not the end of the world, hell you even get to respawn without waiting... Its all good we all die, just one of those things. If you're going to make a complaint about class balancing please, be reasonable with it. Don't die then log into the forum all aggro, ya come off sounding like a goober.

4: Give me Free stuff cause I like Free stuff?
    No real complaint about complaints here, just saying I like free stuff so send me some. - Thanks in Advance, PC-NA @xSphex

5: OMG Housing sucks...
    Now sure, I agree that there are some things that could be added to housing. But be constructive with your post, Don't just complain to complain, its silly much like this rant of mine. But that's intentional. Sorta like trolling in a constructive or deconstructive manner one might say. Mostly the games down for its weekly pick me up. But anyways back to housing. Again this is a case of zos apparently twisting arms maybe? Mean everyone knows what housing is, they can find the information, if you bought a house and you hate it so much why did you buy it in the first place? Cause you should have already known what it was going to do. Just seems silly. I personally, would love to see my pets running around the yard, or the house. Doing more than stand there. But there are constructive ways to discuss such possibilities. Rather than just complain about what housing does or does not have.

6: We need more complaints
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMSA
    RNG
    Lag
    Broken Skills
    Nerf this and that
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you felt upset about something and felt the need to post about it, but you chastise others for doing the same? I think perhaps your own concept of logic needs work. ;):p
    Edited by esotoon on March 6, 2017 10:39AM
    Options
  • baron.kreighteb17_ESO
    Not like all these complaints are unjustified you know. ESO is kind of an expensive MMO in the world of free to play games.
    Options
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And your one is another one.
    Pc na
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_m81dsuM7pz1r73hef.gif

(I dare anyone to say otherwise)

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • Azurulia
    Azurulia
    ✭✭✭
    I save my complaints for serious issues. Because 90%+ of the time, it's not worth it or not a big deal when it all boils down to it.

*Tremendous imbalance of an ability or mechanic with a detailed explanation as to why I believe it to be.
    *Lack of action or response to a painfully obvious, non-cosmetic or luxury issue that has been brought up multiple times and proven to be a problem.

...I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. but you get the idea. Serious stuff.

Otherwise it's just a petty complaint in a sea of similar posts to waste the devs and mods time by having to counter-productively sift through them to find the real issues.

We are our own worst enemy. Many of us just don't realize it. They are too busy with their rants of self-entitlement to having their 20 cents back.
    Edited by Azurulia on March 6, 2017 10:46AM
    Criminal Scum:
    50 Breton Templar Healer: Olivine Azshara | 42 Orc Dragonknight Tank: Olivine Claremont | 50 Kahjiit Safe Cracker: Cracks-The-Safes | 50 Kahjiit Serial Killer: Cereal-The-Killer <Current Bounty: 1,231,318 gold>

"Whoever said crime doesn't pay clearly hasn't met Azu." -@Sloris
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed the following.
    • AP Trading
    • No housing storage
    • Cost of housing
    • Master writ drop rates

5546106+_8c0dd1c21a4fd35463b1f9a29814c533.png

I take it as my sovereign right and duty to complain.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Archivez
    Archivez
    All people do around here is moan moan moan....
    Options
  • Versai
    Versai
    Soul Shriven
      Tryxus wrote: »
      vMSA
      RNG
      Lag
      Broken Skills
      Nerf this and that
      You didn't specify reasons people shouldn't complain. That is no fun my friend.

esotoon wrote: »
        So you felt upset about something and felt the need to post about it, but you chastise others for doing the same? I think perhaps your own concept of logic needs work. ;):p

I refer you to section five.

Not like all these complaints are unjustified you know. ESO is kind of an expensive MMO in the world of free to play games.

You can play ESO by simply buying the game, premium is not a required thing.

akl77 wrote: »
            And your one is another one.
            No my post is a complaint about complaints there is a subtle difference.
            Edited by Versai on March 6, 2017 10:53AM
            Options
          • Damianos
            Damianos
            ✭✭✭✭
            Archivez wrote: »
            All people do around here is moan moan moan....

e93334f92f0711f7288e5a08225d0b7ab00d321614ee9c849da1afe465874331.jpg
            Options
          • visionality
            visionality
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Thanks for the post! Laughed a lot, am still smiling a bit.

Wished I could send out a "hilarious whiner"-badge to the worst cryers on the forum.
            o:)
            Options
          • Tryxus
            Tryxus
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Versai wrote: »
            vMSA
            RNG
            Lag
            Broken Skills
            Nerf this and that
            You didn't specify reasons people shouldn't complain. That is no fun my friend.

I'm in a complaining mood today after getting a flawless run through vMSA yesterday (15/15 Bonus and score intact) but due to a 5 sec crash before starting stage 7 I didn't receive the achievement and title...

-sad Tryxus is sad-
            Edited by Tryxus on March 6, 2017 11:01AM
            "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
            Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
            Options
          • zaria
            zaria
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            We need more original complains.
            From the rare:
            Why can we not dual wield staffs like in Skyrim, it would be much better.
            To the unique:
            I want to play an Altmer but only Khajiit and Argonians have tails and I want an Altmer with tail, fix this.
            Grinding just make you go in circles.
            Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
            Options
          • Versai
            Versai
            Soul Shriven

I'm in a complaining mood today after getting a flawless run through vMSA yesterday (15/15 Bonus and score intact) but due to a 5 sec crash before starting stage 7 I didn't receive the achievement and title...

-sad Tryxus is sad-

You did it before, Don't worry....
            Waterboy-You-Can-Do-It.gif
            Again.
            Options
          • Tabbycat
            Tabbycat
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭
            My coffee was not immediately ready for me the moment I woke up. I had to wait the agonizing painful minutes for it to finish doing its job. Then, someone pushed something in front of the milk in the fridge and I had to move things around in order to get to the milk to put in my coffee. That made me extra grumpy this morning.
            Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
            0.016%
            Options
          • Sythen88411
            Sythen88411
            ✭✭✭✭
            I like pie just saying pie is good
            Options
          • Biro123
            Biro123
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭
            Turelus wrote: »
            • AP Trading
            • No housing storage
            • Cost of housing
            • Master writ drop rates

You know it doesn't actually mean anything unless said Brit is annoyed enough to actually write a letter of complaint - on real paper and post it. (btw, the stage after that involves the SAS)
            Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
            Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
            Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
            Aidee - Magsorc - DC
            Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
            Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
            Options
          • Versai
            Versai
            Soul Shriven
            • AP Trading
            • No housing storage
            • Cost of housing
            • Master writ drop rates
            True, Floor is open for that list if anyone would care to take it?
            Options
          • DRXHarbinger
            DRXHarbinger
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭

Wrong. We put up with it for a long time...then we tell a friend about it who then says go and complain. Then a few days later we whine like hell.
            PC Master Race

1001CP
            8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
            Master Angler
            Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
            Tamriel Hero
            Grand Overlord
            Every Skyshard
            Down With BOP!
            Options
          • oicero
            oicero
            ✭✭✭
            Yes i'm aware this topic is all about trolling but you need to be fair about people who complains...
            Why?
            Because every single MMO has forums for users to QQ about it to throw that negative thoughts from their systems. Otherwise they'd lost more players.
            It's like a pressure cooker. If you don't let some steam off then you have to deal with an explosion.
            Long story short, your topic puts more pressure on them.
            But hey, in the end you are complaining about complaints right?
            Options
          • Blackbird_V
            Blackbird_V
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Ok I can tag along.

I complain about this complaint thread, because complaining in a complaint thread with other complaints will make the game better and then there will be less complaint threads with complaints, which is something I like doing.
            Edited by Blackbird_V on March 6, 2017 11:45AM
            Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
            Options
          • Naerri
            Naerri
            ✭✭✭
            I complain about the fact there are so few complaints!
            Options
          • MarkusLiberty
            MarkusLiberty
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            We also need more polls, only one out of two threads are polls, which is unacceptable
            *Special Snowflake*

Options
          • twev
            twev
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Versai wrote: »
            Mean I know its a forum and all, but people sure do like to complain. I know this more a rant than anything, but come on people really? So lets take a few of these most common complaints and evaluate their logic for (censored) and giggles.

1: Lets complain about downtime.
              So lets see, premium users sure, we'll say they have some sort of Legitimate complaint logically. They paid for their access to the server, they should have access too the game. Thats ignoring the Tos and whatever else they signed but lets just say they do for sake of argument here. For this example we'll pretend that its the default 15 dollars a month and that the game was down for an amazing 12 hours. So some math, everyone remembers math right? We'll say there are 30 days in a month, 24 hours in a day which brings us to 720 hours in a month. So billing at 15 dollars a month, that brings us to .02 cents an hour as to what you're actually paying to access this game, mean not that you're on 24 hours a day, but the service is there and its not Zos's fault that you're not after all. So If you really want your quarter that bad please keep complaining. I find it comical. Note: I too find it annoying when a game goes down, however it happens.

6: We need more complaints

tl;dr:
            If you have few real world obligations, you might not be able to relate to people who do have more real world obligations quite as realistically as you might think you can.

Lets start here.
            For example -
            I'll bet that you do several things during your day, here's a short list of possibles:
            • You sleep.
            • You either work or go to school for several hours per day.
            • You likely have several obligatory things you must take care of on a daily basis. I assume you shower, probably brush your teeth, prepare or help prepare meals several times per day, maybe shop for food on occasion, etc. You get the idea.
            • You might commute to work or school on a semi-regular basis.
            • You might take time to socialize with someone/something for part of your time.

Some of these things are done and/or can only be done at specific times, others not so much.
              I'll assume your instructors or boss probably have/has expectation of certain times of participation on your part. These times we'll further assume have more value to justify your existence to others than the time you spend sleeping, or staring into your closet.
              Maybe your Mom or social partner expects civility during a few moments during the day.
              Maybe your pet needs to be walked or attended to. These are examples of things you must do in a normal day.

Other things, like the game, or keeping up with current events, or changing your underwear before other people notice it needs to be changed are things you can attend to in the moments you have left over from the rest of your obligations.

And if the game that you might use as 'a' or 'the' relaxation device so you can reduce some cumulative stresses from the actual non-discretionary obligations in your daily life is not available during times when it has been purported to be available, and that you were hoping to make use of, and that you might actually be allocating moneys for - you might feel as if you have reason to comment on a forum where other people of like mind gather to discuss similar matters and how these events affect the rest of their daily schedules regarding obligations verses hoped for discretionary time that might only be available for short periods of time at specific points during a day......

QED:
              Your math doesn't always work for other people who have different obligations, and expectations of the free time they have available.
            Edited by twev on March 6, 2017 11:51AM
            The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
            Options
          • Versai
            Versai
            Soul Shriven

twev wrote: »

tl;dr: (Wait a second how you gonna use TL:DR then expect people to read the long post you just wrote?

If you have few real world obligations, you might not be able to relate to people who do have more real world obligations quite as realistically as you might think you can.

(( As stated in Section 1 How is it Zos's Fault that you have a life? This isn't a coin operated service, you're paying for the full allotted time, its up to you to stay up 24 hours a day and invest all of your energy and time into the game and get your dollars worth ))

Other things, like the game, or keeping up with current events, or changing your underwear before other people notice it needs to be changed are things you can attend to in the moments you have left over from the rest of your obligations.

(( Buy yourself some Cottonelle ))

QED:
            Your math doesn't always work for other people who have different obligations, and expectations of the free time they have available.

(( Refer back to section one. ))

Options
          • Kanereno
            Kanereno
            Doing super long quests for 300xp, I mean come on! Do you know how many quests you have to do in order to fill that 50,000xp bar, with quests that ONLY give 300xp, it's ridiculous when you could take the same amount of time to do a dungeon for 10,000xp, or the daily dungeon bonus which is like 30,000xp. I think quests need a BIG buff.
            Options
          • Kanereno
            Kanereno
            I just used a calculator and you would have to do 200 quests to gain 60,000 exp which is required for (i believe, not certain) lvl 35.
            Options
          • bebynnag
            bebynnag
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            but complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining, about people complaining is my favouritist hobbie!
            Options
          • Tabbycat
            Tabbycat
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭
            Maintenance is complete! Yay!

I have to leave for work in 6 minutes. Booo!
            Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
            0.016%
            Options
          • AnviOfVai
            AnviOfVai
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Biro123 wrote: »
            • AP Trading
            • No housing storage
            • Cost of housing
            • Master writ drop rates

You know it doesn't actually mean anything unless said Brit is annoyed enough to actually write a letter of complaint - on real paper and post it. (btw, the stage after that involves the SAS)

*sat at desk with quill pen*

ca93a7e78ec0c04fcf5e2c88512fe74f.gif
            "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
            DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
            DC - Templar - Tank - 160
            DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
            EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
            EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options