Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Repairing armor, at what percentage of damage?

alsuran
alsuran
✭✭✭
Basically, I'm curious whether there is any point to repairing armor, except for the point where it's about to break. Does it matter if it's at 10% or 100%? The Physical Resistance value only seems to change when a piece of armor is broken completely, otherwise it remains the same.

I'm not talking about the price here, because I'm using an addon to apply repair kits to armor automatically when it reaches 10% (Auto Recharge addon, in case someone is interested). It costs 700 gold basically, to repair 7 pieces of armor to 100% (it's about 100 gold per repair kit in trade guilds). Should I repair sooner than that, or it's OK if the armor reaches 10%? As far as I can tell it doesn't make a difference until it completely breaks.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no penalties to armour until it's broken.

The game used to have less armour as it degraded but that was removed.

Additionally the way armour takes damage is based off the monster XP you receive not damage taken, so the more monsters you kill the faster it will degrade.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing timing @alsuran I just came to the forum to ask this, I repair every round in vMSA and now won't.

Wicked info @Turelus someone said it worked like that but I didn't believe them. I had no idea about the monster XP however, I though it was damage. So even if you dont get hit but clear a load of high XP enemies your armoury still degrades?

Great Intel!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Amazing timing alsuran I just came to the forum to ask this, I repair every round in vMSA and now won't.

Wicked info Turelus someone said it worked like that but I didn't believe them. I had no idea about the monster XP however, I though it was damage. So even if you dont get hit but clear a load of high XP enemies your armoury still degrades?

Great Intel!

Yeah I didn't know for a while until someone told me, I questioned it even then because it sounded silly. Sure enough though you can test it by standing tanking for ages and never having gear damage, but the more you kill monsters the more damage it takes.

This is why public dungeons seem to beat your gear up so much, as it's higher XP in them and higher/faster monster spawns.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."