The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Soul Trap

xboxNA corin6
xboxNA corin6
✭✭✭
Who would like to see a soul trap buff/utility change?
Edited by xboxNA corin6 on March 6, 2017 2:29AM
I'm a magsorc

Soul Trap 39 votes

Damage buff and utility change
51%
BirdovicFeannagTonno_SenSeiRajajshkaLynx7386Blake6332Sigourney_FrostXvorgsadownikGoodFella146binhoDracindoMacCaitAnkael07sutasafaiahmsdragonflySeraphayelAvran_SyltboomcatMitternacht55 20 votes
Just a damage buff
25%
hedna123b14_ESOTurelusShunravikongkimEdziuisekoBeardimusDrazoriousElwendrylltrapnation 10 votes
Just a utlity change
7%
Faulgorlucky_SagexboxNA corin6 3 votes
No because I like useless skills/only for low levels
2%
davey1107 1 vote
Use the search button, Too many of these, Beatingdeadhorse.gifs
12%
DamianosnotimetocarelappasTasearcolig 5 votes
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not even useful at low levels.

Imo soul trap needs a moderate damage increase, it should apply major defile to reduce healing taken, and it should have some kind of synergy with soul strike. Maybe one of the morphs of soul strike could deal significantly more damage to targets afflicted with soul trap
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can suggest a few changes to Oblivion's Foe set such as item bonuses being max attribute instead of recovery and the 5th bonus applying as a debuff for 10 seconds so that staff users can utilize this without being have to sacrifice another 5 piece set piece.

As for direct changes to the skill Im thinking of some amount of outgoing damage reduction for utility (not minor or major maim) to fight the damage meta.
    Im against buffing its damage directly as it would be too easy to use. Something like being able to stack the dot up to 3-4 times should suffice for a damage buff.
    Edited by Ankael07 on March 6, 2017 4:51AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a utlity change
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I can suggest a few changes to Oblivion's Foe set such as item bonuses being max attribute instead of recovery and the 5th bonus applying as a debuff for 10 seconds so that staff users can utilize this without being have to sacrifice another 5 piece set piece.

As for direct changes to the skill Im thinking of some amount of outgoing damage reduction for utility (not minor or major maim) to fight the damage meta.
    Im against buffing its damage directly as it would be too easy to use. Something like being able to stack the dot up to 3-4 times should suffice for a damage buff.

I always thought Oblivion's Foe should recover some Ultimate whenever you trap a soul. Would also add a nice synergy with Oblivion's Edge.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember back in the start it was needed to use soul trap to fill many soulgems before Cyrodil, looks like the low chance to fill gems passive has been buffed making it pretty pointless.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a damage buff
    Oblivions Foe should apply to Soul Assault THEN we're talking
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should do cold dmg... I mean it is the skill you get from entering into COLDharbor
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • xboxNA corin6
    xboxNA corin6
    ✭✭✭
    Just a utlity change
    How about a whole new tree called transmutation? Would be cool
    I'm a magsorc
    Options
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    How about a whole new tree called transmutation? Would be cool

Or add Mysticism...
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone use soul trap it is? Besides for filling soul gems of course. This is a meh-skill. The DoT is too low. Splitting Trap has absolutly no use outside of filling gems and Consuming Trap can't do anything other skills can do better. What do you need the Ressource Return on Trash when repentance does it way better. And it has no use on single boss targets. Therefore the steal-mechanics of other skills work way better. And that is the problem. If you add health/ mag and stam steal to it, Force Siphon would become obsolete.

Maybe incorporate a mechanic like the one in Rally. E.G.:

Consuming Trap restores 20% of health, magicka and stam to you and allies within 18m radius if the target dies while affected by this. If the target does not die it only returns X% when consuming trap runs out, depending on how long it was active.

And change splitting trap for something that is worth slotting in PvP. Maybe some sort of life/mag/stam steal with a defile debuff to the targets (1-3?) and a vitality buff to you. Or just something that adds X% of max health from the target to your max health + heal while reducing their max health for a short period of time and let only 1 trap be active at a time. Or maybe not, tanks would be even tankier.
    Options