The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keep cap ap cooldown

Madrr
Madrr
✭✭
Why not add a cooldown timer for ap when capping keeps? It would most likely end the flipping and ap boosting and restore the leaderboards credibility..
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly hope this is something they do, make it so capturing a keep is actually worth doing with a decent size tick but make it so you can't get another of those ticks for a decent amount of time later, a good compromise IMO
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be up for diminished return on keep capture once you cap a keep you have a 10 minute cooldown every keep you capture is 25% less each time resources would be similar maybe ever 5 minutes.

This would still keep ap for capping stuff mean something keeping the current ap rates but make sure it's not as exploitable. This is a solid middle ground.

I hope they don't nerf ap gains to where they were pre homestead
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Would be a good idea for outposts and keeps.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would believe it's because it requires more effort to program than simply changing the values.

I liked a system I saw someone post the other day where the level of the keep/resource was a multiplier of the base AP pool for the location.

So resources would be 500 x level AP, Keeps 3000 x level AP and outposts and towns a static value say 1000.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Madrr
    Madrr
    ✭✭
    Thank you for constructive comments.

It was just sad to see the keep flipping on xbox.. It's just rendering the ranks completely worthless.. I would like to see them keep the current ap gains. But throttle the ap boosting by adding cooldowns.

Also how do I change my username here? Lol..
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say further reduce ap while in a group of 12 or larger
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Why not add a cooldown timer for ap when capping keeps? It would most likely end the flipping and ap boosting and restore the leaderboards credibility..

This one has heard a similar version of this idea from one of his honored adversaries, Gankimus would credit this person publicly but there is a ZOS policy against naming. Suffice to say Gankimus is not smart enough to think of this idea on his own but this one is just clever enough to see genius when it pokes him in the eye.

Tie the AP reward to the level of the Keep/Outpost/Resource. A level 0 or 1 resource would pay much less than a level 5. The timer is already in the code. Tweak and season for best flavor and voila... cheesy sploity flipper types will have to invent a new lazy exploit to scam their way to achievements.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I say further reduce ap while in a group of 12 or larger

This would punish large groups. In all honesty, my personal experience with the flipper exploiter types is that there aren't very many of them. There are a few low ethic individuals but the vast majority of players in the game understand common decency and courtesy. Lowering AP rewards for large groups would disincentivize large group play, respectfully, this is a separate issue from the flip exploit.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe the solutions mentioned above will solve the real problem, which is: there is no AP benefit to defending territory. The new PvP environment, sadly, has nothing to do with fighting for one's faction or enjoying PvP. It's about AP earning. AP has become nothing more than another currency, and this is wreaking havoc on the game's PvP.

Adding in a short cooldown timer will simply make people watch the time; instead of running right to the next keep, they will hit a dolmen on the way, or jump into a delve and grab an AP bonus. The idea of tying the AP to the level of the keep/resource is better, but the question that has to be answered is this: will this implementation actually discourage keep flipping? In other words: if people can still make more AP by constant keep flipping, even with lower ticks due to cooldowns, then the cooldowns are useless. People will grumble a little that instead of 6k they got 3k, but I don't believe they will change their behavior.

Offense ticks are quick and easy. They happen immediately, and the group can move on to the next AP earning opportunity. Defense ticks are almost always far less (because they are spread out over everyone present at the keep), they are laggy and glitchy (meaning you have to sit around waiting for them and if a single enemy is being attacked by someone anywhere on the ground, the timer resets), and thus they simply can't compete when it comes to the new meta of Cyrodiil: earning as much AP as possible in as little time as possible. For whatever reason, people forget that when defending, you're often getting a lot of smaller ticks rolling in; everyone likes to see the "big tick."

If the new offense AP values are staying (frankly, I'm of a mind at this point, having seen the awful shift that's occurred in Cyrodiil, to say we need to go back to the way they were pre-Homestead), then defense AP must be changed to make it as valuable as offense.

Some possible solutions:

1. Make defense ticks as large as offense ticks. So if the group defending holds off the attackers, they get the big juicy 6k tick.
    2. Offer additional AP % bonuses if a faction holds its home keeps. Much like the delve bonus, if a faction has all of its own home keeps, all members of the faction get a 10% AP bonus to all AP earned. For every home keep that is under enemy control, that bonus is whittled away. This might encourage factions to at the very least defend their home keeps - as well as retake them quickly if they fall to the enemy.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds nice and simple.
    Now all we need is to make Wheeler think he came up with it... ;)
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »
    defense AP must be changed to make it as valuable as offense.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

^This. I remember when there was a sense of pride in defending one's faction. When Cyrodiil was about playing the map strategically. The meta has been reduced to:

" X is attacking Y!"
    "Let them flip it, so we can reflip it later."

All that this has resulted in, is one faction pushing another right back to their gates. For AP. This used to be a moral faux paus for serious players. Let the home keeps stand after completing an objective to let the map balance out again and not kill a campaign.

And so it goes. I understand wanting to earn AP. I don't understand losing sight of why we played in the first place to get it. I suggest either following some of the solutions brought up by Starshadw, or you might as well just make all campaigns the same. There really is no diversity in them anymore. Just the illusion of it.
    Edited by AzraelAcid on March 14, 2017 7:07PM
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
  • Arinvar
    Arinvar
    Soul Shriven
    I don't agree with punishing larger, coordinated groups. I do like the cool down idea. I admit that a lot of the time I solo resources and flip them back behind folks to rack up AP. It definitely detracts from the competitive nature of the game and makes it just another grind.