Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Leveling with quests. Any quests I should avoid? (Main/Guild/DLC)

Coldcell
Coldcell
Most of the guides I read are outdated and written before the One Tamriel update. Just wondering if I should hold off on doing the Main and Guild quests. In the outdated guides, they mentioned to wait so the reward scales better (exp and items). Is this still true or should I just do them all at level 20 (the level I am in now).

Similarly is there any reason to hold off on doing the DLC quests? Like better rewards, etc.

In the same vein, is there any type of quests I should avoid while leveling, if I'm not a completionist? Like let's say avoid those quests that make you travel across the map, or one that ask you to go deep into a dungeon because they waste a lot of time, etc.

Thanks!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coldcell wrote: »
    Most of the guides I read are outdated and written before the One Tamriel update. Just wondering if I should hold off on doing the Main and Guild quests. In the outdated guides, they mentioned to wait so the reward scales better (exp and items). Is this still true or should I just do them all at level 20 (the level I am in now).

Similarly is there any reason to hold off on doing the DLC quests? Like better rewards, etc.

In the same vein, is there any type of quests I should avoid while leveling, if I'm not a completionist? Like let's say avoid those quests that make you travel across the map, or one that ask you to go deep into a dungeon because they waste a lot of time, etc.

Thanks!

Yes, the XP and rewards scale with your level. No there are no quests you need to avoid. One thing about scaled rewards....there aren't any that you are likely to use or will not quickly replace with either dropped set or crafted items. There are skill points from each quest in main line, and at least one guild quest, maybe more but I don't recall.

edit: If you plan to steal (easy way to make lots of gold) then start TG and DB guilds as they have passives that greatly enhance your thief. The only reason I can think to wait on any particular content is if you have no level 50 alt, so no CP. Completing any of this after reaching 50 will help you gain CP faster.
    Edited by Ourorboros on March 5, 2017 3:58PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Coldcell wrote: »

Thanks!

Yes, the XP and rewards scale with your level. No there are no quests you need to avoid. One thing about scaled rewards....there aren't any that you are likely to use or will not quickly replace with either dropped set or crafted items. There are skill points from each quest in main line, and at least one guild quest, maybe more but I don't recall.

edit: If you plan to steal (easy way to make lots of gold) then start TG and DB guilds as they have passives that greatly enhance your thief. The only reason I can think to wait on any particular content is if you have no level 50 alt, so no CP. Completing any of this after reaching 50 will help you gain CP faster.
    Yes, an benefit of the main quest, also guild and faction quests is that many give skill points.

Gear below level CP160 has pretty low value as its replaced fast and later extra characters jump directly from level 49 to your max cp level, most experienced players uses crafted sets with the training trait to level faster and its hard to get an 5 piece set at your level wile leveling up anyway.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best drop sets are in Stonefalls, Bangkorai and Malabal Tor, so you might want to do it when you are CP160, but does not really matter, chances to get something in good traits are still low.

Novadays I do main quest right away to get enough skill points at lvl 15 when you get second bar, it used to be chocked point for next few levels.