The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to log in Error 200(7:4:178:597) Login Failed

Reivax
Reivax
✭✭✭✭
Even though you put the message at the header of your message boards says that the problem earlier today has been resolved, I am still not able to log in.
I get the message
Error 200(7:4:178:597)
Login failed. Please try gain. Should the problem persist, contact Customer support...

Also, the Announcements section says "Could not retrieve announcements"
I have tried repeatedly for the last couple hours, but have not been able to log on, always receiving the Error 200 message.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I change to a EU server, then the Announcements fill in, and I can logon normally to an EU server.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    many of us are in the same boat. be nice if ZOS would fill us in!!!!!
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being as there is a lack of any communication on their part, it must mean they're working on it.
    Or they're out drinking, lol.
  • Philgo68
    Philgo68
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all in the North East US?
  • Philgo68
    Philgo68
    ✭✭✭
    I can login if I tether and go through my cell phone, but via my landline I'm getting the No announcements / Error 200 issues also.

I can hit EU fine from the landline.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    <----upstate NY
  • kdp2000
    kdp2000
    Soul Shriven
    I was having this same issue, kept trying to logon... it finally let me into the game only to kick me out to the login screen 10 min later. I bought this game a few weeks back, leveled my character to level 50 cp100+. This game developer seems to have fallen into the same trap as many before it, they keep developing more content for you to buy/ play but don't fix the problems that plague current content/ server issues.
    Edited by kdp2000 on March 5, 2017 2:19AM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still same problem for me, even though message above has updated to say problem is fixed.
    Same login error, same "could not retrieve announcements"

And I can still log on to EU server without problems.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are reporting that using a VPN allows them to log back into PC-NA without issue, so that could be something to try in the meantime! Good luck, folks!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Comcast - Virginia
    Error 200 7:4:178:597
    I can login to the PTS but not Live
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having this issue as well. Was working an hour ago, took a small break and now it is busted.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Verizon - Virginia
    Error 200 (7:4:179:597)

I can get the announcements for PC EU, but not NA. I was able to get in-game for a short time, about 2 hours, and then got kicked out. Now I can't get in, error 200 again. I do have PTS access like Cronopoly does, but not PC NA Live access.

@ZOS_GinaBruno While it has been claimed that the issues are resolved, some of us still can't get in due to this Error 200 nonsense even after trying to run repair from the launcher. Any idea what's going on?
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried EU server, but PTS works fine for me. Get error 200 when trying to log into NA.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support,
    I still cannot log in, same errors as described above.

You have removed the red error banner from the support site.

Do you consider the problem fixed on your end, even though many people are still having the same problem?

Am I on my own as far as solving whatever problem I'm having?
  • Rumancek
    Rumancek
    ✭✭✭
    Same - error above plus error 301; ping shoots to 999+ despite it being fine elsewhere.
    "I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
    CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
    PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
    Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
    Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
    Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
    Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
    Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
    Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    I was just in game, then crashed to login. Now when trying to login, I get the error 200
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Cavy25
    Cavy25
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, your sh*t is still broke... figure it out
  • MoiraHarkenstone
    Southwest USA here and I'm getting the same error so no, not just in the Northeast
  • tntpop
    tntpop
    Dog Gamnit!!!!
    Edited by tntpop on March 5, 2017 3:52PM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is not fixed, I have reset the client, rebooted and still not able to authenticate with an NA server. EU is fine, I can still go on an EU server.

Why do you keep claiming things are fixed, when they aren't?
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    Let me explain this very slowly - THE LOGIN ISSUES HAVE NOT BEEN RESOLVED!

Got it? See.....it makes you look a little silly to keep claiming that everything is fine when people STILL CAN'T LOG IN!
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this work around to get in . Follow instructions exactly .

Go to my PC / program files (second option program files with the number next to it / open Zennimax . Open File named Launcher/ rename the Program Data file to Program Data Backup . Stop . Close the file . Stop . Open your launcher, let it up date then Close launcher . Do not login yet , make sure you closed the launcher . Now reopen the launcher and sighn in .
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    I am finally able to login again. Let's see how long this lasts.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Quodaax
    Quodaax
    ✭✭
    Problem NOT solved. Error 200 still persists.
    Never was there a time when I did not exist nor you nor these lords of men.
    Neither will there be a time when we shall not exist; we all exist from now on.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭

Go to my PC / program files (second option program files with the number next to it / open Zennimax . Open File named Launcher/ rename the Program Data file to Program Data Backup . Stop . Close the file . Stop . Open your launcher, let it up date then Close launcher . Do not login yet , make sure you closed the launcher . Now reopen the launcher and sighn in .

Opened folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher
    Renamed folder ProgramData to ProgramDataBackup
    Opened Launcher, let it update
    Closed Launcher
    Reopened Launcher.
    Same problem.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »

Closed Launcher
    Reopened Launcher.
    Same problem.

I am sorry it did not work for you . One friend had tried it earlier and had two folders for program data , one was re created when he did it wrong the first time . He kept renaming the same folder and not the new one that was recreated in there like 5 times and was convinced it did not work until I went over to his place and showed him he forget to rename the new file . Not saying this is the same issue you are having though and hope you find a way to login this weekend .
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first clue that it still isn't working is when opening the Launcher, the advertisements don't appear. And then announcements don't show up at logon screen.

Once I change to EU, announcements show up, and I can log on.

I would say this means that wherever the program is being instructed to look for the NA server... is wrong....
  • Quodaax
    Quodaax
    ✭✭
    Despite ZOS claim that the problem has been resolved, it has not.
    Never was there a time when I did not exist nor you nor these lords of men.
    Neither will there be a time when we shall not exist; we all exist from now on.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭

Closed Launcher
    Reopened Launcher.
    Same problem.

I am sorry it did not work for you . One friend had tried it earlier and had two folders for program data , one was re created when he did it wrong the first time . He kept renaming the same folder and not the new one that was recreated in there like 5 times and was convinced it did not work until I went over to his place and showed him he forget to rename the new file . Not saying this is the same issue you are having though and hope you find a way to login this weekend .

Thank you for the help. I am not sure, but if it is some file on my computer is holding the address where the client is looking to connect to the NA server, maybe i can keep looking and find it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Closed Launcher
    Reopened Launcher.
    Same problem.

Thank you for the help. I am not sure, but if it is some file on my computer is holding the address where the client is looking to connect to the NA server, maybe i can keep looking and find it.

I hope so . It's looking more like a launcher issue then a server issue because everyone back Ingame now says performance is normal and it was for me too after . There's a lot of people Ingame that don't even realize people can't log in right now .
This discussion has been closed.