The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion for New Crown Store Item: Morph Respec Scroll

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Would anyone else like to see this? I hate to do a complete respec of all skills when I just need to change some morphs.

If I'm in Cyrodiil, I might want to try something quickly without going all the way back to the respec shrine and then waiting in queue to enter the campaign again.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs like 300 gold. But sure If you want to pay $10 for something useless
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

The skill respec scroll is 700 crowns. I imagine the morph respec would be cheaper.

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

The skill respec scroll is 700 crowns. I imagine the morph respec would be cheaper.

But it costs like 1k gold.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the above poster. It's 1000 gold or less. Just pay the gold. Now if you wanted a standard respec shrine at the home base in Cyrodiil, I might be able to get on board with that. Maybe even let people use AP instead of gold to respec perhaps? If anything, the ability to respec on the fly anywhere, including in the middle of a pvp situation might be slightly broken under the right circumstances.
    Options
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it's only a couple or quests to complete and it's paid for.
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the above poster. It's 1000 gold or less. Just pay the gold. Now if you wanted a standard respec shrine at the home base in Cyrodiil, I might be able to get on board with that. Maybe even let people use AP instead of gold to respec perhaps? If anything, the ability to respec on the fly anywhere, including in the middle of a pvp situation might be slightly broken under the right circumstances.

I doubt anyone has ever purchased the skill respec scroll because they don't have 20k gold - this is nothing in this game. At launch it was a lot more expensive, and people generally had less gold. Now there are a many players with millions of gold, even hundreds of millions, and if you are a subscriber you get a regular allotment of free crowns.

I imagine the primary reason people buy the skill respec scrolls is for convenience in quickly testing different build ideas, not to avoid paying a tiny amount of gold. It would be particularly convenient to try some different morphs without waiting in a queue again to re-enter Cyrodiil campaign.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt anyone has ever purchased the skill respec scroll because they don't have 20k gold - this is nothing in this game. At launch it was a lot more expensive, and people generally had less gold. Now there are a many players with millions of gold, even hundreds of millions, and if you are a subscriber you get a regular allotment of free crowns.

I imagine the primary reason people buy the skill respec scrolls is for convenience in quickly testing different build ideas, not to avoid paying a tiny amount of gold. It would be particularly convenient to try some different morphs without waiting in a queue again to re-enter Cyrodiil campaign.

If you're looking to do testing, you can go to the respec shrine, swap morphs and start a duel right there. You can't get more convenient than that. No queue at all.
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you can buy that with in game gold for almost nothing?
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know you can buy that with in game gold for almost nothing?

You can buy the full skill respec with ingame gold for almost nothing as well.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will never buy any kind of skill respec scroll in the crown store.

However, for those you who do purchase the scroll already in the crown store from time to time, would you like to see a morph respec scroll option?

If you're looking to do testing, you can go to the respec shrine, swap morphs and start a duel right there.

Yes, it can be convenient for testing dueling build or some specific ability damage/combo. But duels are rather different from testing various builds in Cyrodiil open world pvp situations.

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, its not the cost it's the hassle of going to the shrine. In particular if you switch PvP / PvE alot an easy morph switch on the fly would be cool.

Like Champion Points
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't see ZOS allowing players to quickly change morphs on the battlefield. If you can't see the potential for abuse, I'm not sure what else to say. Morphs are meant to be a choice that is not quickly swapped yet you want it to be a choice that can be quickly swapped by paying money. Sounds like pay to win to me. I don't think there is any sort of legitimate testing that you NEED to do in Cyrodiil that you can't just do in town in a duel. If you are testing on willing person, then a duel is the same set of circumstance. If you're testing on an unwilling person, that's pvp combat, not testing.
    Edited by redspecter23 on March 4, 2017 8:18PM
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We should be able to reset skill points & morphs from the UI, just like we can with CP.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just can't see ZOS allowing players to quickly change morphs on the battlefield. If you can't see the potential for abuse, I'm not sure what else to say. Morphs are meant to be a choice that is not quickly swapped yet you want it to be a choice that can be quickly swapped by paying money. Sounds like pay to win to me. I don't think there is any sort of legitimate testing that you NEED to do in Cyrodiil that you can't just do in town in a duel.

ZOS already allows us to quickly change our skills and attributes on the battlefield with the skill respec scroll and attribute respec scrolls.

You can't do it in combat, and this is not some way to use different abilities in a fight. The point is being able to try different builds without having to exit Cyrodiil.

If you want to test a build, it is very different experience fighting one player vs fighting many different players in open world.

There are many reasons why you can't test certain things with one opponent, but for example certain armor sets provide resources or increased damage based on getting hit. If you are getting hit by a lot of enemies, it will provide greater sustain than getting hit by one enemy.

Another example is ganking build. It is not possible to test via duel inside the respec shrine the experience of sneaking up to a group of enemy players, killing one or two and escaping while the rest of them chase you. You can test certain specific ability damage in a duel, but you can't test how the overall build works in the intended situations.

And you may test some things in a duel, then go to Cyrodiil open world PVP and realize the experience is different and you want to switch back, or try practicing with various morphs to find the absolute best option.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 4, 2017 8:27PM
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't see ZOS allowing players to quickly change morphs on the battlefield. If you can't see the potential for abuse, I'm not sure what else to say. Morphs are meant to be a choice that is not quickly swapped yet you want it to be a choice that can be quickly swapped by paying money. Sounds like pay to win to me. I don't think there is any sort of legitimate testing that you NEED to do in Cyrodiil that you can't just do in town in a duel.

ZOS already allows us to quickly change our skills and attributes on the battlefield with the skill respec scroll and attribute respec scrolls.

You can't do it in combat, and this is not some way to use different abilities in a fight. The point is being able to try different builds without having to exit Cyrodiil.

If you want to test a build, it is very different experience fighting one player vs fighting many different players in open world.

There are many reasons why you can't test certain things with one opponent, but for example certain armor sets provide resources or increased damage based on getting hit. If you are getting hit by a lot of enemies, it will provide greater sustain than getting hit by one enemy.

Another example is ganking build. It is not possible to test via duel inside the respec shrine the experience of sneaking up to a group of enemy players, killing one or two and escaping while the rest of them chase you. You can test certain specific ability damage in a duel, but you can't test how the overall build works in the intended situations.

And you may test some things in a duel, then go to Cyrodiil open world PVP and realize the experience is different and you want to switch back, or try practicing with various morphs to find the absolute best option.

I'm still not seeing the need, but I suppose neither of us are here to be convinced by the other. I'm not saying it will never happen, I just really can't fathom why someone would desire to spend real money for this purpose. I also don't understand why consumables like food, xp scrolls and other things are in the crown store but people buy them all the time. If there is a market for any sort of item, I'm sure ZOS will try to make some money off of it. You have to admit that even if these proposed morph respec scrolls were available, the market for them would be beyond narrow. I'd say less than 0.1% would even bother, if that.
    Options
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus
    Options
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would I.....Heck NO

What I would much rather see is NO CROWN STORE items but in game specific weapon skill line or specific class and armor skill line respec and morphs vs all or none.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options