Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New rare ingredients and nirncrux.

nodulo
nodulo
✭✭✭
Has anybody else felt like the new rare ingredients, bast, heartwood and regulus are replacing the nirncrux drop chances?
I am still able to get nirn but it sure seems less frequently since the introduction of homestead.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nirn drop rate seems fine to me since Homestead.

Sounds like a patch of bad luck ... keep at it!
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    For me, its seems the drop rate for everything good in the game fell off a cliff 3 days after the housing release.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday, I popped into Craglorn to harvest nirnroot and along my path other stuff. I received a potent and fortified from one wood harvest. I didn't know that was possible.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Typical RNG at work. Drop rate is fine. I got a double Potent nirn drop just after Homestead drop.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday, I popped into Craglorn to harvest nirnroot and along my path other stuff. I received a potent and fortified from one wood harvest. I didn't know that was possible.

It does happen. I've done the same a few times. I'm want the node that gives me double, as in double mats plus double Potent and Fortified. :p
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is easier to get nirncrux than heartwood. Period.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »

I have over 600 heartwood. Nirncrux not so much
    My concern is I have not gotten a node that has had new mats and a nirn..
    Edited by nodulo on March 5, 2017 4:06AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nodulo wrote: »

I have over 600 heartwood. Nirncrux not so much
    My concern is I have not gotten a node that has had new mats and a nirn..

I have more nirn than heartwood. I actually find nirn stuff fairly easily. I can't say I remember finding a heartwood and a nirn in one node though.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    In one farming run I found 5 Fortified Nirncrux a few days ago. Last night I found none.

But that is the RNG and the number of people in the area doing the same thing.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    I find I've been having no problem finding nirncrux.... its the heartwood I can't find....
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone get Nirn from Survey's Craglorn anymore? I have had maybe 15 surveys and not one Nirn has dropped from that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Does anyone get Nirn from Survey's Craglorn anymore? I have had maybe 15 surveys and not one Nirn has dropped from that.

Yes I got 2 yesterday.
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    I've been going thru Craglorn for two days, a few hours per day and i've got zero. What kind of nodes give nirncrux? Wood and metal? What about clothing and alchemy nodes?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is incorrect. Period.

I have found about a dozen Nirncrux in my entire time in Craglorn (the ONLY place you can obtain it) and have HUNDREDS of Heartwood, Regulus, etc. that can be harvested ANYWHERE.

Your "matter of fact" statement is one of the dumbest things that I have ever read here.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMX the nirncruz drop rate has plummetted.

but it is not cuz of it being replaced with the new mats. used to be when i did surveys in crag i got a nirn per survey almost every time. now that is nada. Rare mats do not drop in surveys so... no direct causation there.

For me its easier to farm gold and buy nirn when i need it.

Gold flows so easily now - doesn't make sense to go in for snipe hunts aka grinds.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not my experience. I don't even farm but I find heartwood regularly. Then I sell it. While I haven't crafted any furniture, I would imagine the problem is that you need a lot of it for crafting.
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    After 2 days of zero I found today 2 fortified nirncrux from wood nodes. So answering to myself that you can find the stuff at least from wood nodes.

Heartwood nirncrux ratio is 100:2 lol.
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    I have finally had two different nodes capable of dropping nirncrux drop both nirn and bast as well as nirn and heartwood.
    So one dosen't mean the other can't be in one node.
    I agree with @STEVIL that the rate has dropped, annecdotal but all the same from some who spends several hours a day gathering.

• Andrewb967
    Andrewb967
    ✭✭
    I'm going through the same thing. Our luck will change.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn used to drop regularly (70-80% of the time) for me from a single survey - I think I've maybe had one drop in the last 20 Craglorn surveys, so the drop rate from these definitely seems to be nerfed, maybe back to the chances from a regular node.

As for heartwood or other mats versus nirncrux, my experience is the furnishing mats are MUCH more common (about 50:1) than nirncrux. Have yet to personally get a double drop of nirn and furnishing mats from the same node, but then again I really don't farm Craglorn all that often.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you can get furniture materials or nirncrux from surveys, only native regular crafting nodes.