Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Turn off Xbox one text chat

Deadfinger6
Deadfinger6
✭✭✭
Hello. Who do I turn off the text chat? Probably really obvious but I'm having a "brain fart moment".

Best Answers

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Can you filter it like on PC?
    I have one who only show group, guild and npc, then another who only show group.
    Switch to guild if to much spam, group if too much guild chat while grouped.
    In cyrodil zone is smart.

no console can not filter unfortunatley, which means you have to be bombarded by the salt that excudes from every pore of the game or a social outcast... i choose the latter! LOL
    LOL. might be worse on console, on pc its mostly the want to sell stuff combined with random comments, sometimes usefull info like wold boss or dolmen farming groups. Craglorn for looking for raids.

Zone chat tend to remind me of npc in Oblivion :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Who do I turn off the text chat? Probably really obvious but I'm having a "brain fart moment".
    Chat cannot be turned off, but you can hide the icon by going into Options > Social > and disable the chat HUD.

I wish this system never came to XB1. I hate it. I may be going to extremes, but I firmly believe the buggy lag times has been caused by this system because it never shuts off.

I get some people may not be able to buy headsets, but this is an MMO. Headsets should be mandatory to communicate. If you can't get headsets, you don't get to communicate.
    Answer ✓
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you go to options - social - you should see Text HUD and should be able to set that to off
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the (only) reply, I actually just reset the options to default. Then changed my y axis back again. Did the trick.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one who only show group, guild and npc, then another who only show group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

no console can not filter unfortunatley, which means you have to be bombarded by the salt that excudes from every pore of the game or a social outcast... i choose the latter! LOL
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, chat for dolmen / boss groups,. Good idea. Might turn it back on and start some.