Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Does the quality of the enchant automatically upgrade when you upgrade your gear?

pizzaow
pizzaow
✭✭✭
For example, if I have a purple burning spellweave robe and upgrade it to gold, would there be any benefit to re-enchanting with a gold magic armor glyph?
XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    I think the enchantments that come on the looted sets do I could be wrong tho and just imagining things.

You are on the right track, @AJ_1988 ... :)

The quality of the enchantment improves automatically on upgraded dropped gear ... provided that you haven't already re-enchanted the gear in the past.

In other words, (a) any crafted gear or (b) any dropped gear where you've applied a new enchant will require a new enchantment upon upgrade.

The simplest way to see whether a piece needs a new enchantment is to view the gear piece in the upgrade section of the crafting table ... before you actually upgrade it. In the OP's example, take the Burning Spellweave Robe to any clothier table and view the gold-upgraded robe in the UI before actually applying the dreugh wax. The UI will tell you if there is any improvement on the enchantment.

Straightforward, I think, but I can post some screenshots if a visual would help.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 3, 2017 5:38AM
    Answer ✓
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that enchants don't upgrade with gear, the multiplier in which said enchant is affected by does giving the impression of upgrade but it would still be beneficial to get a gold glyph for maximum effectiveness. Could be wrong though...
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I think the enchantments that come on the looted sets do I could be wrong tho and just imagining things.