Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best crafted poison for pvp and pve

Nutshotz
Nutshotz
✭✭✭✭
And go
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVE

At a baseline i prefer the restore health plus lingering restore health poisons when soloing.

But depending on availability of maim by other means i may have it replace one of the elements. Boss level fights reducing boss damage equates to a lot of reduced need for heals.

I dont generally prefer triple effect cuz the run time is so short.

Soloing just keeps me focused on offense with heals as a qeneral rule and there are ways to get that to happen.

But to me the main funtion of poisons is to be tailored to the needs pf your build with many offensive, defensive and sustain elements you can construct what you need for your character and style.

So not so much a best poison as a toolkit.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 60% increase to stamina and Magica costs poison really makes people angry in a duel. Must be great.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped bothering with poison in PvE. Fights don't even last long enough for the 20% chance to come up. The weapon's enchant (seems to) trigger more often, for more damage, and all at once.
    There are faster ways to kill than relying on poison to proc, at the expense of removing the weapon enchant.
    As a nightblade, and I assume other classes are same, I can maim, reduce armor and DOT using my skills, all while weaving in light/heavy attacks that use the weapon enchant and build ultimate.

If I'm going to take my time, then I'm going to entertain myself seeing how many I can drag along on a kiting trip!

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    The 60% increase to stamina and Magica costs poison really makes people angry in a duel. Must be great.

Poisons in duels.........................................
    Edited by Juhasow on March 3, 2017 4:04PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    I stopped bothering with poison in PvE. Fights don't even last long enough for the 20% chance to come up. The weapon's enchant (seems to) trigger more often, for more damage, and all at once.
    There are faster ways to kill than relying on poison to proc, at the expense of removing the weapon enchant.
    As a nightblade, and I assume other classes are same, I can maim, reduce armor and DOT using my skills, all while weaving in light/heavy attacks that use the weapon enchant and build ultimate.

If I'm going to take my time, then I'm going to entertain myself seeing how many I can drag along on a kiting trip!

For PvE try using the double dot poison. It does quite a bit of damage. Of course, if you are not using a weapon skill, the proc rate will be lowish, but weaving a weapon skill with basic attacks and you can keep the dots up at a decent rate.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not worth crafting poison for PVE. For PVP, I like SLow plus Ravage Stam and Magic...makes easy targets for following shots.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)