The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Homesteads] ZOS Please Provide NPC Homestead "Furnishings"

Rickter
Rickter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

First and foremost I want to say that I think the Homestead update was spectacular. I have NEVER put much stock into player housing and I have played over 15 MMORPGs. I was even skeptical when Homesteads were announced as instanced. But now that the patch has launched - I am absolutely and positively impressed. My guild banned together and we raised enough in game gold to purchase the Daggerfall Outlook and everyone has been steadily chipping in to help make it really reflect our community. All crafting stations, dye station, party room, throne room both dps training dummies in the dungeon, this really came together and made ESO even more special to my guild than it already is.

With that being said, I would like to make a humble request:

Please allow NPC Home furnishings. I would like to purchase workers for the stables, blacksmiths, clothiers and woodworkers for the crafting stations, armored knights for the castle itself etc. That way, when my guild mates visit the home, it feels alive and occupied at all times.

I would also like to take this a step further:

Please allow a permissions based Player Character Home Furnishing. Meaning: let me place my own character complete with various personalities and poses in my home along with my alts. Also, with permission, people on my friends lists player characters. As in, taking my friends character and placing them in the house.

the personalization and feeling of ownership would be endless.

Lets take this to the next level!!

Thank you.
Edited by Rickter on March 2, 2017 6:02PM
RickterESO
PC | NA | DC
YouTube
Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
PvE:
vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely would help our homes feel more alive, or let our alts wander in our homes would be cool too.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want a bard for my home. I can't relax if I don't hear Red Diamonds.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea. Adding a few NPC's would make the house feel more alive.

My idea is to build this classroom in the basement. Professor Snape kind of classroom teaching the dark arts lol. I'd love to have NPC's sitting on the chairs etc.

The NPC limit could be 0 for apartments, 1 for small house, 3 for medium house, 6 for large house, 10 for manors :)
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player avatars would turn into the exact same issue as the TBS second mundus. The game doesn't 'remember' so you'd wind up placing them over and over again. Only the TBS mundus is useful while player avatars would just be repeatedly placing mannequins around the property. I can almost taste the complaint threads now.

NPCs are a stickier matter, because two or three could make for ambiance but 300 placed in a house is more akin to humanoid trafficking. Assistants are hired help but as a general rule for civilized living people aren't property.
    signing off
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Player avatars would turn into the exact same issue as the TBS second mundus. The game doesn't 'remember' so you'd wind up placing them over and over again. Only the TBS mundus is useful while player avatars would just be repeatedly placing mannequins around the property. I can almost taste the complaint threads now.

NPCs are a stickier matter, because two or three could make for ambiance but 300 placed in a house is more akin to humanoid trafficking. Assistants are hired help but as a general rule for civilized living people aren't property.

im not sure if youre serious.

i just want some player mannequins in my house so when my friends visit, the place looks more occupied with familiar faces and alive
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree - this should be one of the things added along with more functional elements.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Umbra
    Umbra
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Will be great to hire a bard for my manor. Also I need a stablemaster for my mounts and dancing-in-swimming-pool-khajiit-girls for me.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to hire a real merchant and a real banker. Even a real fence.

And yeah, I like the suggestion of a bard.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you should be able to purchase NPC's to place in your homes.

I do think you should be able to hire them. For a fee each week you should be able to hire various groups of NPC's to work in your home. Perhaps ZOS could add a job board to the game that you can go to to hire your NPC's. I would imagine Argonian Maids would be quite popular.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

I do think you should be able to hire them. For a fee each week you should be able to hire various groups of NPC's to work in your home. Perhaps ZOS could add a job board to the game that you can go to to hire your NPC's. I would imagine Argonian Maids would be quite popular.

hire them?

so are people seriously comparing owning a NPC mannequin/clone/copy of your friends with their permission to slavery?

These arent real people, they are props in a video game
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »

A bill ? hiring npcs for a weekly amount Ah yeah no lets keep the option to a one time payment. Thats fine with me not a weekly thing . Lets give zos good ideas not the wrong ideas
    Edited by Luciferazazell on April 9, 2018 4:11AM