Just decided to start a new char from scratch on NA server and errrm.

R1ckyDaMan
R1ckyDaMan
✭✭✭✭
Where is my dlc and my mount and stuff I purchased?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the Crown Store stuff is all server-specific.

Yes, it sucks.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Single biggest suck regarding the Crown Store, IMO.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been complaining about this since the crown store was introduced but unfortunately it looks like ZOS can't or won't change it. Anything you buy on the crown store is only available on the server you were logged into at the time.

Even worse crowns are shared - meaning if you spend crowns on the NA server to re-buy your mount or the DLC or whatever they will also be removed from your account on the EU server.

If you want to play on both you have to buy the items twice or go without.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh right, that's a bit underhand, guess I will earn my mount like when I started playing then, sux about the dlc though, really badly.
    Options
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    Besides regional laws, restrictions, taxes or whatever else that would get in the way is the simple fact if I had to pay the vat tax whatever that thing is called I would always order NA even if I lived in Europe lol

That's why

not to mention I'd always pay in rubles for the snowfalkes' price if they got one, to unlock schtuff on NA

That's why you can't do it.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on March 2, 2017 11:53PM
    Options
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that explains why no other game I have ever played does this ^^
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The really stupid and unfair thing is that game upgrades that you've purchased on one server aren't available on the other.

For example, if you buy an Imperial Edition upgrade for Crowns, you won't get to make Imperial characters or get your free white horse on the other server. I bought the Imperial Edition upfront, so I can use it on both servers. I also got two copies of the Explorers' Pack CE Maps. But other players, who chose to upgrade later, miss out on perks that I have.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    The really stupid and unfair thing is that game upgrades that you've purchased on one server aren't available on the other.

For example, if you buy an Imperial Edition upgrade for Crowns, you won't get to make Imperial characters or get your free white horse on the other server. I bought the Imperial Edition upfront, so I can use it on both servers. I also got two copies of the Explorers' Pack CE Maps. But other players, who chose to upgrade later, miss out on perks that I have.

Well yeah I get the explorer pack on the na server as that was a pre order bonus.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides regional laws, restrictions, taxes or whatever else that would get in the way is the simple fact if I had to pay the vat tax whatever that thing is called I would always order NA even if I lived in Europe lol

That's why

not to mention I'd always pay in rubles for the snowfalkes' price if they got one, to unlock schtuff on NA

That's why you can't do it.

That doesn't make any sense. Firstly because there are plenty of transactions which do apply to both servers. The game itself for a start - according to your idea I shouldn't ever be able to log into the NA server because I bought my copy in Europe, but I can. But also ESO Plus, and if you bought the Imperial Upgrade and Palomino Horse when they were offered through the website instead of the crown store.

But also there are no actual purchases happening in the crown store. You can't buy crowns in the game, you have to go through the website or the PS/Xbox store or whatever and that will always direct you to the correct version for your region. If I go to the store link at the top of the page it will only show me the UK version, I have no way to pay in other currencies.

And once you've got your crowns it doesn't matter, because they're not an actual currency they're not taxed at all and the price in crowns is the same everywhere in the world.

So it's actually the complete opposite of what you stated - if you buy something directly with real money you get it on both servers (having only paid tax in one region) and if you buy it with crowns you only get it on 1 server.

I think it's purely because purchases outside the game, like buying crowns or the Imperial Upgrade when it was available that way, are applied to your account as a whole, whereas purchases in the crown store are done through that one server and ZOS didn't include a way to let the other server know what you bought.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options